RE: [jasspa] JST Mode, any docs?

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
      If you are using the right version of notes.emf it will be the default major mode for all notes.

      Load your notes file and go to a note, then open Tools -> Major Mode Setup, if the title is "Default Major Mode Setup" then you are probably using an out of date notes.emf. Also check if the command 'note-setup' is defined, this command can be used to set each note's major mode, i.e. in the same notes file you can now create C, shell, jst, emf ... notes.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
        Are you using:
          MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32

        esc-x about

        My version has jst help...

        Notes already is using jst so you don't have to do anything special.

        On 12/4/06, dsjkvf <dsjkvf@...> wrote:

        On 11/30/06, Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...> wrote:

        > Esc x
        > help-item
        > jst

        [Can't find help on jst] :)

        > Are you asking in references to Notes? If so this is my cheat sheet note on using Notes and jst formatting...

        probably, i'm missing something very obvious :), but how one can use
        it in Notes? any specific header (similar to e.g. >doc>)? or smthng
        else?

        thank you

        --
        dsjkvf

      • Bryan Schofield
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
          blah ignore me...I didn't see the whole thread until I sent my response... sigh.

          On 12/4/06, Bryan Schofield < schofield.bryan@...> wrote:
          Are you using:
            MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32

          esc-x about

          My version has jst help...

          Notes already is using jst so you don't have to do anything special.

          On 12/4/06, dsjkvf <dsjkvf@...> wrote:

          On 11/30/06, Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...> wrote:

          > Esc x
          > help-item
          > jst

          [Can't find help on jst] :)

        • jon@jasspa.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
            > On 12/4/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I think you might be running a slightly out of date version, the jst
            >> docs and shift to using
            >> JST in notes was about the last change made to the latest release.
            >
            > well, i also think so :) -- but what is the latest version then? mine
            > is the following:
            >
            > dsjkvf on Sisyphus: ~> me -V
            > MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - freebsd
            >
            > also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
            > find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

            If the jst(9) notes are not in your help pages (will be referenced in the
            glossary) then your 'metree' is not up to date. Download a new metree
            bundle and replace your existing macro files. The metree-2 (patched
            version) will work with your FreeSBD binary which is likely to be the
            first release.

            If you do not want to replace the whole tree then download the file me.ehf
            and replace it with what you have at the moment (or extract from metree).
            I would suggest the whole tree is the best route.

            Jon.

            > thank you
            >

            > --
            > dsjvkf

          • dsjkvf
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
              yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
              *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
              that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).

              now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
              works now perfectly in Notes.

              also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
              remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
              the old distro :)).

              thank you once again, and -- good luck :).

              --
              dsjkvf
            • jon@jasspa.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                > yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
                > *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
                > that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).
                >
                > now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
                > works now perfectly in Notes.
                >
                > also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
                > remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
                > the old distro :)).

                The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
                the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
                templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
                installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
                metree.

                Anyway, does not matter - glad it is all working.

                ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
                copy the files to change to your user area and then change them. This
                makes it much easier to move to a new release in the future as you can
                easily find the changes (and you can undo the change if things go horribly
                wrong). I normally use a ~/.jasspa/macros/ subdirectory in my user
                directory which contains all of my changes to the shipped macros. The
                ~/.jasspa/ directory contains just my private extensions. This allows me
                to completely separate release changes and private extensions and not to
                get them confused or mixed up.

                By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                main release?

                Jon.
              • Detlef Groth
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                  <snip>

                  By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                  > main release?

                  plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions

                  http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2

                  the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)

                  btw:

                  http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.

                  It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.

                  regards,
                  Detlef

                  Dr.Detlef Groth
                  Neue Scheune 5
                  14548 Ferch
                  Germany
                • dsjkvf
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                    On 12/5/06, jon@... <jon@...> wrote:
                    > The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
                    > the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
                    > templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
                    > installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
                    > metree.

                    well, probably, yes -- may be from some RC.. do not remember, in fact :).

                    > ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
                    > copy the files to change to your user area and then change them.

                    well, i try to follow this guideline generally. but sometimes i change
                    something very quickly and changes are so small that later i
                    successfully forget about 'em :).

                    however, i've decided that all important changes were in my user
                    folder, and just installed new metree without any additional changes
                    :). will figure later if i really need all those "hacks".

                    > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                    > main release?

                    no, afair, there were just minor cosmetic changes, which were done
                    just to make ME more usual to my taste (keybindings, schemes, etc).

                    --
                    dsjkvf
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 6, 2006
                      Detlef Groth wrote:
                      > <snip>
                      >
                      > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                      >> main release?
                      >>
                      > plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions
                      >
                      > http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2
                      >
                      > the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)
                      >
                      > btw:
                      >
                      > http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.
                      >
                      > It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.
                      >
                      > regards,
                      > Detlef

                      Hi Detlef,

                      Long time, no see!
                      ... and a new wiki playground.

                      Yes you are right the DIV is a good candidate for the html indentation
                      that should be fixed.