Re: [jasspa] JST Mode, any docs?

  • dsjkvf
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
      On 12/4/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:

      > I think you might be running a slightly out of date version, the jst docs and shift to using
      > JST in notes was about the last change made to the latest release.

      well, i also think so :) -- but what is the latest version then? mine
      is the following:

      dsjkvf on Sisyphus: ~> me -V
      MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - freebsd

      also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
      find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

      thank you

      --
      dsjvkf
    • dsjkvf
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
        On 12/4/06, dsjkvf <dsjkvf@...> wrote:
        > also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
        > find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

        so, i found this: http://www.jasspa.com/me/m9typ047.html -- which do
        work with files with extension *.jst. so, this is quite clear :).

        but taking into consideration the following Bryan's quote:

        >>> Are you asking in references to Notes? If so this is my cheat
        >>> sheet note on using Notes and jst formatting..

        i still do not understand how to use it within the Notes-utility...
        what and how should i use in order to be enable Jasspa structured text
        in Notes?

        --
        dsjvkf
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
          If you are using the right version of notes.emf it will be the default major mode for all notes.

          Load your notes file and go to a note, then open Tools -> Major Mode Setup, if the title is "Default Major Mode Setup" then you are probably using an out of date notes.emf. Also check if the command 'note-setup' is defined, this command can be used to set each note's major mode, i.e. in the same notes file you can now create C, shell, jst, emf ... notes.

          Steve

          > also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
          > find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

          so, i found this: http://www.jasspa. com/me/m9typ047. html -- which do
          work with files with extension *.jst. so, this is quite clear :).

          but taking into consideration the following Bryan's quote:

          >>> Are you asking in references to Notes? If so this is my cheat
          >>> sheet note on using Notes and jst formatting..

          i still do not understand how to use it within the Notes-utility. ..
          what and how should i use in order to be enable Jasspa structured text
          in Notes?

          --
          dsjvkf

        • Bryan Schofield
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
            Are you using:
              MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32

            esc-x about

            My version has jst help...

            Notes already is using jst so you don't have to do anything special.

            On 11/30/06, Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...> wrote:

            > Esc x
            > help-item
            > jst

            [Can't find help on jst] :)

            > Are you asking in references to Notes? If so this is my cheat sheet note on using Notes and jst formatting...

            probably, i'm missing something very obvious :), but how one can use
            it in Notes? any specific header (similar to e.g. >doc>)? or smthng
            else?

            thank you

            --
            dsjkvf

          • Bryan Schofield
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
              blah ignore me...I didn't see the whole thread until I sent my response... sigh.

              On 12/4/06, Bryan Schofield < schofield.bryan@...> wrote:
              Are you using:
                MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32

              esc-x about

              My version has jst help...

              Notes already is using jst so you don't have to do anything special.

              On 12/4/06, dsjkvf <dsjkvf@...> wrote:

              On 11/30/06, Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...> wrote:

              > Esc x
              > help-item
              > jst

              [Can't find help on jst] :)

            • jon@jasspa.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
                > On 12/4/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:
                >
                >> I think you might be running a slightly out of date version, the jst
                >> docs and shift to using
                >> JST in notes was about the last change made to the latest release.
                >
                > well, i also think so :) -- but what is the latest version then? mine
                > is the following:
                >
                > dsjkvf on Sisyphus: ~> me -V
                > MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - freebsd
                >
                > also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
                > find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

                If the jst(9) notes are not in your help pages (will be referenced in the
                glossary) then your 'metree' is not up to date. Download a new metree
                bundle and replace your existing macro files. The metree-2 (patched
                version) will work with your FreeSBD binary which is likely to be the
                first release.

                If you do not want to replace the whole tree then download the file me.ehf
                and replace it with what you have at the moment (or extract from metree).
                I would suggest the whole tree is the best route.

                Jon.

                > thank you
                >

                > --
                > dsjvkf

              • dsjkvf
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
                  yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
                  *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
                  that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).

                  now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
                  works now perfectly in Notes.

                  also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
                  remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
                  the old distro :)).

                  thank you once again, and -- good luck :).

                  --
                  dsjkvf
                • jon@jasspa.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                    > yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
                    > *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
                    > that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).
                    >
                    > now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
                    > works now perfectly in Notes.
                    >
                    > also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
                    > remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
                    > the old distro :)).

                    The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
                    the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
                    templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
                    installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
                    metree.

                    Anyway, does not matter - glad it is all working.

                    ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
                    copy the files to change to your user area and then change them. This
                    makes it much easier to move to a new release in the future as you can
                    easily find the changes (and you can undo the change if things go horribly
                    wrong). I normally use a ~/.jasspa/macros/ subdirectory in my user
                    directory which contains all of my changes to the shipped macros. The
                    ~/.jasspa/ directory contains just my private extensions. This allows me
                    to completely separate release changes and private extensions and not to
                    get them confused or mixed up.

                    By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                    main release?

                    Jon.
                  • Detlef Groth
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                      <snip>

                      By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                      > main release?

                      plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions

                      http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2

                      the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)

                      btw:

                      http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.

                      It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.

                      regards,
                      Detlef

                      Dr.Detlef Groth
                      Neue Scheune 5
                      14548 Ferch
                      Germany
                    • dsjkvf
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                        On 12/5/06, jon@... <jon@...> wrote:
                        > The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
                        > the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
                        > templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
                        > installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
                        > metree.

                        well, probably, yes -- may be from some RC.. do not remember, in fact :).

                        > ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
                        > copy the files to change to your user area and then change them.

                        well, i try to follow this guideline generally. but sometimes i change
                        something very quickly and changes are so small that later i
                        successfully forget about 'em :).

                        however, i've decided that all important changes were in my user
                        folder, and just installed new metree without any additional changes
                        :). will figure later if i really need all those "hacks".

                        > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                        > main release?

                        no, afair, there were just minor cosmetic changes, which were done
                        just to make ME more usual to my taste (keybindings, schemes, etc).

                        --
                        dsjkvf
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 6, 2006
                          Detlef Groth wrote:
                          > <snip>
                          >
                          > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                          >> main release?
                          >>
                          > plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions
                          >
                          > http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2
                          >
                          > the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)
                          >
                          > btw:
                          >
                          > http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.
                          >
                          > It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.
                          >
                          > regards,
                          > Detlef

                          Hi Detlef,

                          Long time, no see!
                          ... and a new wiki playground.

                          Yes you are right the DIV is a good candidate for the html indentation
                          that should be fixed.