Re: [jasspa] ME ignores $MEUSERPATH under *NIX?

  • Christof Boeckler
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7 12:20 AM
      dsjkvf schrieb:
      > hello,

      Hi!

      > first, here's an output:

      from the shell, right.

      > ~> echo $MEUSERPATH
      > /home/dsjkvf/usr/local/bin/me/libs/
      > ~> ls -la /home/dsjkvf/usr/local/bin/me/libs/
      > [...]
      > however, ME after launch does not see those config files, but creates
      > new ones in /home/dsjkvf/.jasspa. so, what am i doing wrong? is there
      > any way to fix it?

      First of all check whether ME knows about that variable at all:

      esc x describe-variable $MEUSERPATH

      If not, then you have to fix it in your shell/desktop environment.

      > thank you.

      Gruß / Regards
      Christof

      --
      Da sie sich für weise hielten, sind sie zu Narren geworden. Rö 1,22
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7 1:18 AM
        Dsjkvf,

        Can you run 'export' in the bash shell and send me the output, then run
        ME in that shell, list-variables and send me the setting of $user-path
        and $search-path.

        Thanks,

      • Christof Boeckler
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7 1:25 AM
          Christof Boeckler schrieb:
          > First of all check whether ME knows about that variable at all:
          >
          > esc x describe-variable $MEUSERPATH
          >
          > If not, then you have to fix it in your shell/desktop environment.

          That seems to be not correct, but anyways make sure you export your
          $MEUSERPATH variable instead of only declaring it. (Shell variable vs.
          environment variable).

          Gruß / Regards
          Christof

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7 1:30 AM
            On 11/7/06, Christof Boeckler <cb@...> wrote:
            > First of all check whether ME knows about that variable at all:
            >
            > esc x describe-variable $MEUSERPATH
            >
            > If not, then you have to fix it in your shell/desktop environment.

            so, as it was expected :), it tells that 'Current setting is "ERROR"'
            but why? and how can i fix it?

            as i've mentioned already, i set $MEUSERPATH in my .bash_profile this
            way (with or without quotes):
            MEUSERPATH=home/s/usr/local/bin/me/libs/

            --
            dsjkvf
          • dsjkvf
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7 1:44 AM
              Steven, i'm very sorry :).

              > Can you run 'export'

              i've just forgot to export after setting a variable, you were
              absolutely right. thank you for this hint and sorry for the mess.

              --
              dsjkvf
            • dsjkvf
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7 1:51 AM
                On 11/7/06, Christof Boeckler <cb@...> wrote:

                > That seems to be not correct, but anyways make sure you export your
                > $MEUSERPATH variable instead of only declaring it. (Shell variable vs.
                > environment variable).

                yes, Christof, that was exactly the problem -- i have remembered about
                the export just after Steven has mentioned this magic word :).

                however, thank you very for your help. now the "problem" is solved.

                --
                dsjvkf