RE: [jasspa] short questions

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006

      I think in this case you are creating a new macro so I would copy it
      into your user my???.emf and call it something else (like
      create-new-doc), that way you avoid any future upgrade problems.

      Steve

      > and another question: for now doc-mode "works" only for files
      > wiith extension ".doc". is it possible to make it also work
      > with ".txt"
      > files?
      >
      > > See the goto-matching-fence command, writing a macro around this
      > > should be trivial. Note that matching a '"' fence is non-trivial
      > > because ME will not know whether it is currently at the
      > openning or
      > > closing '"' - see the docs for more info.
      >
      > yes, i thought so -- that with "" it will not be so easy.
      > however, thank you for your explanation.
      >

      > --
      > dsjkvf

    • dsjkvf
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
        On 11/6/06, jon@... <jon@...> wrote:

        > This depends. If you can simply over-ride some settings or re-define a
        > macro then the myXXXX.emf should be used to do this. If the changes are
        > more widespread then it is better to copy the whole macro file to your
        > user directory and then modify it.

        i see.

        > Do not change the system macros because
        > if you mess up then you cannot fall back on the originals.

        yes, i've faced something like that just recently when upgrading to
        '06 release :) (and as a result, i was using diff a lot to find all my
        changes :)).

        > Put "> -!- document -!-" in the top of the document or add the following
        > to the end of your <user>.emf
        >
        > add-file-hook ".txt .doc" fhook-doc

        thank you, Jon!

        --