[jasspa] Small build problem with Sun Solaris x86 - Beta 2 release.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 1999
      For JASSPA Beta2 there is a slight build problem with the Sun
      Solaris x86 platform (Intel), in that sys_errlist[] is not
      resolved correctly.

      Source fix follows.

      diff -c emain.h~ emain.h
      *** emain.h~ Tue Jul 6 10:07:47 1999
      --- emain.h Fri Jul 23 00:08:37 1999
      ***************
      *** 198,204 ****
      #include <stdio.h> /* Always need this */
      #include <stdlib.h> /* Usually need this */
      #include <errno.h> /* Need errno and sys_errlist */
      ! #if (defined _HPUX) || (defined _SUNOS) || (defined _AIX)
      extern char *sys_errlist[];
      #endif

      --- 198,204 ----
      #include <stdio.h> /* Always need this */
      #include <stdlib.h> /* Usually need this */
      #include <errno.h> /* Need errno and sys_errlist */
      ! #if (defined _HPUX) || (defined _SUNOS) || (defined _AIX) || (defined _SUNOS_X86)
      extern char *sys_errlist[];
      #endif
      [Exit]
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 1999
        Here's another cute one, works for me on NT4 and Slowaris (xdisplayed to a PC using Exceed). 99beta2. Harmless but fun:

        Click on the menu, with the mouse. You get a dropdown.

        Now play with the PageUp and PageDown keys. See anything unusual? :-)

        -Th
      • bill@jasspa.freeserve.co.uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 1999
          > Here's another cute one, works for me on NT4 and Slowaris (xdisplayed to a PC
          > using Exceed). 99beta2. Harmless but fun:
          >
          > Click on the menu, with the mouse. You get a dropdown.
          >
          > Now play with the PageUp and PageDown keys. See anything unusual? :-)
          >
          > -Th

          Good find Thomas, I have found and fixed this bugette, I won't post a fix as
          it is not a serious bug.

          Thomas has also found a much more serious bug, ME crashes doing a replace if
          magic mode is disabled. The immediate work-around is to always use magic mode.
          The short term solution is to add the following fix to search.c (beta 2) and
          recompile. This will be fixed for the final release, which unfortunately has
          been delayed,

          Steve

          *** C:/tmp/search.c.~0~ Sat Aug 07 11:31:48 1999
          --- C:/tmp/search.c Sat Aug 07 11:31:58 1999
          ***************
          *** 2231,2238 ****
          --- 2231,2240 ----
          /* only set the new regex slength here as if the user is doing a query replace
          * and does an undo, the slength must be correct for the last insertion */
          #ifdef _GNU_REGEX
          + if(magical)
          slength = mereRegs.end[0] ;
          #else
          + if(magical && meModeTest(curbp->b_mode,MDMAGIC))
          slength = mclen;
          #endif
          #endif