Forced platform specific write

  • Bryan Schofield
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
      Is there a way to open a DOS file in Windows with ^M line terminators
      and force ME to save the file in UNIX fashion with \n line
      terminators?
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
        I don't know if it's the answer to your specific problem, but in the
        meantime, investigate crlf mode...

        -Tom

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
          Open the file as normal then go to main menu's File -> Attributes, in that
          dialog you can change the format to whatever you want.

          (behind the scenes this changes the crlf & ctrlz modes)

          Steve

          > Subject: [jasspa] Forced platform specific write
          > From: Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...>
          > Date: Friday, November 3, 2006, 8:28:16 PM
          > To: Jasspa <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
          > Is there a way to open a DOS file in Windows with ^M line terminators
          > and force ME to save the file in UNIX fashion with \n line
          > terminators?

        • Bryan Schofield
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2006
            thanks