Re: [jasspa] Broken prefix keys

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
      > I've noticed that "C-m" can't really be bound to "prefix".

      Things like that get in the way when using a dial-up dumb terminal or
      the equivalent in the form of somebody's crappy terminal emulator (e.g.,
      Windows telnet, browser terminal emulators). I would never want to bind
      anything to C-m, because if worse came to worst, it would totally break
      my Enter key functionality. I'm surprised C-h works as well as it does.
      (It didn't always. I remember having huge problems convincing various
      xterms and emulators and shells that ^H was different from Delete, and
      under what circumstances.)

      If you want your config to work on a dumb terminal, stay away from
      messing with any of the major functional keys (Return = C-m, Tab = C-i,
      Backspace = C-h, Esc = C-[, Linefeed = C-j). C-z and C-c are also
      dangerous, because of their shell functions (more for other software; ME
      handles them well).

      -Th