[jasspa] Re: How to define highlighting / buffer behaviour

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
      Hello,

      to answer your question an example to hilight C-Code inside HTMl-code:

      ;; C-specific stuff inside <pre> environment of HTML-pages
      set-variable .hilight.htmlC &pinc .hilight.next 1 ; declaring the
      hilighting
      0 hilight .hilight.htmlC 2 50 $global-scheme
      hilight .hilight.html 0xc0 "<pre>C" "<pre>" .hilight.htmlC
      $global-scheme
      ; means if '<pre>C' is writen C-hilighing starts

      hilight .hilight.htmlC 0xc0 "</pre>" "</pre>" .hilight.html
      $global-scheme
      ; if '</pre>' is written normal HTML-hiligthing starts again
      ;; some examples for c-specific hilighing
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 64 "main()" "main()" .scheme.bold
      ; keywords
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "break" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "case" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "continue" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "default" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "do" .scheme.keyword
      ; etc.

      Is it not great ?
      Regards, Detlef
      "alex worden" <alexworde-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jasspa/?start=196

      > Hi Jon,
      >
      > I did find some good docs on buffer hilighting eventually. I did a
      > help-command on 'hilight' and was pleasantly surprised that the docs
      have
      > improved greatly. I'll let you know if I have any other more
      intelligent
      > questions when I've worked through the documentation some more.
      >
      > I suppose one useful resource would be a top-level index that is more
      > obvious. Language Templates is quite cryptic - I was looking for
      something
      > like
      > Help->Customizing MicroEmacs->Buffer Hilighting
      >
      > When I get a spare minute, I'm going to try something adventurous -
      > hilighting for JSP, which is a mixture of HTML and Java in the same
      buffer.
      > I saw something on switching buffer-hilight modes in the docs. If you
      have
      > any examples of this that would be useful.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > Alex

      <snip>
    • Alex Worden
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
        Yeah, I figured most of this stuff out with some perseverance. Thanks!

        Alex

        > to answer your question an example to hilight C-Code inside HTMl-code:
        >
        > ;; C-specific stuff inside <pre> environment of HTML-pages
        > set-variable .hilight.htmlC &pinc .hilight.next 1 ; declaring the
        > hilighting
        > 0 hilight .hilight.htmlC 2 50 $global-scheme
        > hilight .hilight.html 0xc0 "<pre>C" "<pre>" .hilight.htmlC
        > $global-scheme
        > ; means if '<pre>C' is writen C-hilighing starts
        >
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 0xc0 "</pre>" "</pre>" .hilight.html
        > $global-scheme
        > ; if '</pre>' is written normal HTML-hiligthing starts again
        > ;; some examples for c-specific hilighing
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 64 "main()" "main()" .scheme.bold
        > ; keywords
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "break" .scheme.keyword
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "case" .scheme.keyword
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "continue" .scheme.keyword
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "default" .scheme.keyword
        > hilight .hilight.htmlC 1 "do" .scheme.keyword
        > ; etc.
        >
        > Is it not great ?
        > Regards, Detlef
        > "alex worden" <alexworde-@...> wrote:
        > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jasspa/?start=196
        >
        > > Hi Jon,
        > >
        > > I did find some good docs on buffer hilighting eventually. I did a
        > > help-command on 'hilight' and was pleasantly surprised that the docs
        > have
        > > improved greatly. I'll let you know if I have any other more
        > intelligent
        > > questions when I've worked through the documentation some more.
        > >
        > > I suppose one useful resource would be a top-level index that is more
        > > obvious. Language Templates is quite cryptic - I was looking for
        > something
        > > like
        > > Help->Customizing MicroEmacs->Buffer Hilighting
        > >
        > > When I get a spare minute, I'm going to try something adventurous -
        > > hilighting for JSP, which is a mixture of HTML and Java in the same
        > buffer.
        > > I saw something on switching buffer-hilight modes in the docs. If you
        > have
        > > any examples of this that would be useful.
        > >
        > > Thanks again,
        > >
        > > Alex
        > >
        > <snip>

        > *** Got Questions? Get Answers. Got Answers? Get Paid. ***
        > Sign up at Infomarco.com and you can win $30,000 cash or a trip to China.

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=jasspa&m=1

      • Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
          Hello,

          recently I observed an even better possibility to have one
          hilight-scheme inside an other.

          Observe the following:
          define-macro hilight-javascript-inside-html
          ; this macro has to be inside myhtml.emf
          execute-file "hkjava"
          0 hilight .hilight.java 2 50 $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.html 0xc0 "<Script language=\"JavaScript\">"
          "<Script language=\"JavaScript\">" .hilight.java $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.java 0xc0 "</Script>" "</Script>" .hilight.html
          $global-scheme
          screen-update
          !emacro
          define-macro hilight-latex-inside-html ; macro in myhtml.emf
          ; using the <pre> tags for input of code
          execute-file "hklatex"
          0 hilight .hilight.latex 2 50 $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.html 0xc0 "<pre>" "<pre>" .hilight.latex
          $global-scheme
          execute-file "hklatex"
          hilight .hilight.latex 0xc0 "</pre>" "</pre>" .hilight.html
          $global-scheme
          screen-update
          !emacro
          define-macro hilight-html-inside-latex ; macro in mylatex.emf
          ; using the \verbatim-environment for input of code
          execute-file "hkhtml"
          0 hilight .hilight.html 2 50 $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.latex 0xc0 "\\begin{verbatim}" "\\begin{verbatim}"
          .hilight.html $global-scheme
          execute-file "hklatex"
          hilight .hilight.html 0xc0 "\\end{verbatim}" "\\end{verbatim}"
          .hilight.latex $global-scheme
          screen-update
          !emacro

          So you can have latex-hilighting inside html, html-hiligthing inside
          latex, cpp inside html, emf inside Email and so on ....

          Best regards,

          Detlef

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jasspa/?start=200