[jasspa] Re: Word < Latest Beta Info

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 1999
      >8) Much better latex support (is it just me or is everyone getting fed up
      > with Word?)

      I don't know what problems you have with it, but if you ask me, Word is great for 2-page memos. For 20-page multi-section documents, it falls flat on its face. Every time I try to create a document that has a cover page, table of contents, text with diagrams and tables, I run into serious operational problems. I've had endless problems with right- and left-page headers and footers, and had it actually crash with certain types of tables. It's really sad :-)

      I haven't used LaTeX in quite a few years, but since apparently it's alive and well, I may have to look into it again... it would be really nice to have an alternative!

      Great job on the me32 changes! I will have to give the e-mail a try, haven't yet because of concerns about differing ways the mail is handled on different systems. All I can say is, "wow!!"

      FYI I always install it in a location like c:\Program Files\me32 -- the jasspa directory in between, for me, just means extra typing for no reason :-) (It's not just you, Adobe puts Photoshop in Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop by default.)

      any material posted to this list.