Re: [jasspa] Starting full-screen

  • jon@jasspa.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      > Is there a way to tell ME to start in full screen mode? If not, is there
      > a way to specify a location and size on startup so that it will be close
      > to full screen?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rick.

      See the following for start up size/position:

      .Xdefaults(8)
      me32.ini(8)

      For a 'soft' macro approach use - the easiset way:

      Rightclick on mode line to "StoreFrameSize" should do it when it is at
      maximum size. (This will over-ride the .Xdefaults/me32.ini - you can hack
      the session/history file to remove)

      You could also:

      change-frame-width(2)
      change-frame-height(2)
      4 popup-window(2)

      from within your user.emf

      There is no specific command to cause a maximize - possibly there should
      be as the functionality is there to do this.

      So there are lots of ways to do this - you need to pick which one you want
      to use and not use multiple otherwise the screen bounces all over the
      place at start up with resizes coming from different places. (I usually
      use .Xdefaults/me32.ini myself for that absolute control).