Starting full-screen

  • Rick Owen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      Is there a way to tell ME to start in full screen mode?  If not, is there a way to specify a location and size on startup so that it will be close to full screen?

      Thanks,
      Rick.

    • jon@jasspa.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        > Is there a way to tell ME to start in full screen mode? If not, is there
        > a way to specify a location and size on startup so that it will be close
        > to full screen?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rick.

        See the following for start up size/position:

        .Xdefaults(8)
        me32.ini(8)

        For a 'soft' macro approach use - the easiset way:

        Rightclick on mode line to "StoreFrameSize" should do it when it is at
        maximum size. (This will over-ride the .Xdefaults/me32.ini - you can hack
        the session/history file to remove)

        You could also:

        change-frame-width(2)
        change-frame-height(2)
        4 popup-window(2)

        from within your user.emf

        There is no specific command to cause a maximize - possibly there should
        be as the functionality is there to do this.

        So there are lots of ways to do this - you need to pick which one you want
        to use and not use multiple otherwise the screen bounces all over the
        place at start up with resizes coming from different places. (I usually
        use .Xdefaults/me32.ini myself for that absolute control).