Re: [jasspa] recenter revisited

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
      Phillips, Steven wrote:
      > Rick,
      >
      > n recenter does this, e.g. '2 recenter' will do as your example below,
      > so try rebinding C-l as follows:
      >
      > 1 global-bind-key recenter "C-l"
      >
      > Steve

      I think you mean

      2 global-bind-key recenter "C-l"

      If you really do want something called "topline" then this will do the job:

      define-macro topline
      &cond @? @# 0 recenter
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
        I did mean '1' not 2, this way you can do 'C-l' for the top line, 'esc 2 C-l'
        for the second line etc etc.

        > Subject: [jasspa] recenter revisited
        > From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
        > Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 5:32:20 PM
        > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
        > Phillips, Steven wrote:
        >> Rick,
        >>
        >> n recenter does this, e.g. '2 recenter' will do as your example below,
        >> so try rebinding C-l as follows:
        >>
        >> 1 global-bind-key recenter "C-l"
        >>
        >> Steve

        > I think you mean

        > 2 global-bind-key recenter "C-l"

        > If you really do want something called "topline" then this will do the job:

        > define-macro topline
        > &cond @? @# 0 recenter
        > !emacro

      • Rick Owen
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
          Wonderful.  Thank you.  One last question and then I will go back into my cave for a day or two.  I understand how to do rectangular (column) operations, which I do frequently.  However, is it possible to have the highlighting understand rectangular blocks.  It would be nice to tell me32 to highlight in rectangular mode and have only the affected block be highlighted rather than having to imagine the rectangular block as being between point and mark.

          Thanks,
          Rick.

          I did mean '1' not 2, this way you can do 'C-l' for the top line, 'esc 2 C-l'
          for the second line etc etc.

          > Subject: [jasspa] recenter revisited
          > From: Jon Green <jnaught@samsung. com>
          > Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 5:32:20 PM
          > To: jasspa@yahoogroups. com
          > Phillips, Steven wrote:
          >> Rick,
          >>
          >> n recenter does this, e.g. '2 recenter' will do as your example below,
          >> so try rebinding C-l as follows:
          >>
          >> 1 global-bind- key recenter "C-l"
          >>
          >> Steve

          > I think you mean

          > 2 global-bind- key recenter "C-l"

          > If you really do want something called "topline" then this will do the job:

          > define-macro topline
          > &cond @? @# 0
          recenter

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
            Rick Owen wrote:
            > Wonderful. Thank you. One last question and then I will go back into
            > my cave for a day or two. I understand how to do rectangular (column)
            > operations, which I do frequently. However, is it possible to have the
            > highlighting understand rectangular blocks. It would be nice to tell
            > me32 to highlight in rectangular mode and have only the affected block
            > be highlighted rather than having to imagine the rectangular block as
            > being between point and mark.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Rick.

            No it will not do this, at the moment the selection hilighting only
            effectively works between two points, there is no understanding of a
            rectangular region.

            I think at one time a boundary line was drawn left and right in a
            different color but I cannot recall if that is a specific command or
            whether this has now been removed.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
              The mouse 'Copy Rectangle' and Kill Rectangle' commands do hilight the
              rectangle as its defined, they also allow you to go beyond the length of
              the last line making them much easier to use. So I recommend you try
              them (user-setup -> Mouse, I bind Copy Rectangle to Control left button)