Re: [jasspa] column number in the mode? status? line

  • Bruno Sabin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
      try adding this to your personal rickowen.emf file:

      set-variable $mode-line "%s%r%u%k %b %l:%c - %h:%m %D/%
      M/%Y (%e) - (%f) "

      --
      bruno

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
        Hmmm.. I thought the short answer was yes, add %c to the $mode-line setting.
        Try adding the following line to your setup file:

        set-variable $mode-line "cG%s%r%u me (%e) - %l:%c %b (%f) "

        Warning to slow computer and terminal users - this does increase the frequence
        of mode line updates so does have a small effect on performance.

        Steve

        > Subject: [jasspa] column number in the mode? status? line
        > From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
        > Date: Monday, September 11, 2006, 6:34:34 PM
        > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
        > Rick Owen wrote:
        >> I'm not sure what the status line at the bottom of the screen is called
        >> (mode line?, status line?). It's the line that shows the buffer name,
        >> buffer mode, line #, etc. Is there a way to configure that to show the
        >> cursor column on it as well?
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >> Rick.

        > No is the short answer!

      • Rick Owen
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
          Hi Steve,

          I like your short answer better than Jon's :).  I remembered from the foggy recesses of my memory that regular emacs had such a feature.  I tried it and it works fine.  I appreciate the warning about the refresh penalty for terminal users and I've left the mode line alone on the Linux system I have to access via telnet.