Re: highlighting, two more question

  • cut1n1paste
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
      Steven, yes, sorry for this my probably quite stupid question :).

      > The '\\w' in the hilighting token means any word character

      sorry once again, while browsing through docmacro.emf i really
      remembered that \w aka [:word:] means any word character, but somehow
      i missed that it could be related with language :).

      so, now it perfectly works -- and thank you for the hint.

      > In your example you have 'а-я',

      that was yahoo, who transferred my example to unicode :) -- there were
      cyrillic letters a-ya and A-YA.

      > Does this make sense?

      yes, Steven, thank you once again :)

      > > in fact, i do not plan to generate html from my notes... but
      > > while we are here, could you please tell me what is JST? :)

      i've found that it stands for JASSPA Structured Text, which is a set
      of macros to convert structured text into other formats.

      however, i can't find it in the help file -- is it there?

      also, Steven, while we are here -- could you confirm, that for now
      folding does not work in Notes tool? i've tried to apply collapse-all
      command there -- but received only [Collapse not available for enf] in
      response...

      --
      cnp
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
        >> > in fact, i do not plan to generate html from my notes... but
        >> > while we are here, could you please tell me what is JST? :)

        > i've found that it stands for JASSPA Structured Text, which is a set
        > of macros to convert structured text into other formats.

        > however, i can't find it in the help file -- is it there?

        Some docs are needed, will try to get something out.

        > also, Steven, while we are here -- could you confirm, that for now
        > folding does not work in Notes tool? i've tried to apply collapse-all
        > command there -- but received only [Collapse not available for enf] in
        > response...

        Using features that use narrowing is a little dangerous in notes as notes
        relies on narrowing to view a note so it's easy to break things.

        That said I have a beta version that allows me to set a major mode for each
        note (defaulting to JST) and for each mode that supports collapse the keys are
        appropriately bound. This should make it into the main release.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
          cnp and all non-English users of ME...,

          Sitting at an English computer with an English keyboard and understanding only
          English I find it hard to test and validate the foreign language support in
          ME. It is therefore very helpful when someone can check this functionality
          for their native language.

          Would it be possible to let me know what language & code page you use? and
          whether ME's support works okay?

          Things to look out for:

          - forward-word & backward-word work properly in text files
          - hilighting work correctly
          - Change case commands like upper-case-word work
          - For non-latin based keyboards (cyrillic etc): Correct keyboard character ->
          latin character mapping (very useful, when you get a 'Y/N' prompt you should
          not need to 'change keyboards' to a western keyboard - see flag 'k' in help
          page of set-char-mask)
          - Spell checker works

          Please reply directly to me rather then clogging up the newsgroup. Thanks,

          Steve