RE: [jasspa] Re: highlighting, two more question

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
      The '\\w' in the hilighting token means any word character (i.e.
      normally a-z A-Z 0-9), you can replace this with a '[.....]' character
      group (i.e. "*\\}[ \t]+[A-Za-z.....]") or you could change your word
      group to include the missing western characters and I think there may be
      a problem here.

      In your example you have 'а-я', this is not ME macro format
      compliant, ME uses C style '\x??' for a text character where '??' is the
      hex code (i.e. [\x41-\x5a] == [A-Z]). However 1072 is well above the 255
      single byte max value, you seem to be giving it unicode chars which will
      not work, ME is a single byte editor. What language are you editing in
      and what code page?

      Try setting user-setup -> Start-Up -> Language and Platform -> Display
      Char Set correctly, this should set your word character group correctly
      (i.e. if set to Russian the word group will include all the Cyrillic
      alphabet) and this will mean that the bullt-in hilighting and word
      commands (like forward-word) will work correctly.

      Does the current ME installation support your language and code page? If
      not we should try adding support for it first.

      Does this make sense?

    • cut1n1paste
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
        Steven, yes, sorry for this my probably quite stupid question :).

        > The '\\w' in the hilighting token means any word character

        sorry once again, while browsing through docmacro.emf i really
        remembered that \w aka [:word:] means any word character, but somehow
        i missed that it could be related with language :).

        so, now it perfectly works -- and thank you for the hint.

        > In your example you have 'а-я',

        that was yahoo, who transferred my example to unicode :) -- there were
        cyrillic letters a-ya and A-YA.

        > Does this make sense?

        yes, Steven, thank you once again :)

        > > in fact, i do not plan to generate html from my notes... but
        > > while we are here, could you please tell me what is JST? :)

        i've found that it stands for JASSPA Structured Text, which is a set
        of macros to convert structured text into other formats.

        however, i can't find it in the help file -- is it there?

        also, Steven, while we are here -- could you confirm, that for now
        folding does not work in Notes tool? i've tried to apply collapse-all
        command there -- but received only [Collapse not available for enf] in
        response...

        --
        cnp
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
          >> > in fact, i do not plan to generate html from my notes... but
          >> > while we are here, could you please tell me what is JST? :)

          > i've found that it stands for JASSPA Structured Text, which is a set
          > of macros to convert structured text into other formats.

          > however, i can't find it in the help file -- is it there?

          Some docs are needed, will try to get something out.

          > also, Steven, while we are here -- could you confirm, that for now
          > folding does not work in Notes tool? i've tried to apply collapse-all
          > command there -- but received only [Collapse not available for enf] in
          > response...

          Using features that use narrowing is a little dangerous in notes as notes
          relies on narrowing to view a note so it's easy to break things.

          That said I have a beta version that allows me to set a major mode for each
          note (defaulting to JST) and for each mode that supports collapse the keys are
          appropriately bound. This should make it into the main release.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
            cnp and all non-English users of ME...,

            Sitting at an English computer with an English keyboard and understanding only
            English I find it hard to test and validate the foreign language support in
            ME. It is therefore very helpful when someone can check this functionality
            for their native language.

            Would it be possible to let me know what language & code page you use? and
            whether ME's support works okay?

            Things to look out for:

            - forward-word & backward-word work properly in text files
            - hilighting work correctly
            - Change case commands like upper-case-word work
            - For non-latin based keyboards (cyrillic etc): Correct keyboard character ->
            latin character mapping (very useful, when you get a 'Y/N' prompt you should
            not need to 'change keyboards' to a western keyboard - see flag 'k' in help
            page of set-char-mask)
            - Spell checker works

            Please reply directly to me rather then clogging up the newsgroup. Thanks,

            Steve