Re: [jasspa] Windows clipboard key assignments

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
      Rick Owen wrote:
      > Over the years I have developed my own set of keystrokes as I have used
      > a variety of editors. I am, however, still living with the emacs style
      > region / yank key assignments. Is there a simple macro that I can call
      > that will make the key assignments for the windows-style clipboard key
      > assignments (e.g. ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-insert, ctrl-insert, etc)?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rick.

      I think you are suggesting the standard Windows emulation:

      user-setup -> Start-up -> Emulation -> CUA (Windows Style)

      Jon.
    • cut1n1paste
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
        > Rick Owen wrote:
        > > Over the years I have developed my own set of keystrokes as I have
        used
        > > a variety of editors. I am, however, still living with the emacs
        style
        > > region / yank key assignments. Is there a simple macro that I can
        call
        > > that will make the key assignments for the windows-style clipboard
        key
        > > assignments (e.g. ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-insert, ctrl-insert, etc)?
        > >
        > I think you are suggesting the standard Windows emulation:
        > user-setup -> Start-up -> Emulation -> CUA (Windows Style)

        Rick, you may also add sometning like that:
        global-bind-key yank "C-c C-v"
        global-bind-key kill-region "C-c C-x"
        global-bind-key copy-region "C-c C-c"
        to your .emf-file (changing, of course, these keys to the ones you do
        want).