Windows clipboard key assignments

  • Rick Owen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
      Over the years I have developed my own set of keystrokes as I have used a variety of editors.  I am, however, still living with the emacs style region / yank key assignments.  Is there a simple macro that I can call that will make the key assignments for the windows-style clipboard key assignments (e.g. ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-insert, ctrl-insert, etc)?

      Thanks,
      Rick.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
        Rick Owen wrote:
        > Over the years I have developed my own set of keystrokes as I have used
        > a variety of editors. I am, however, still living with the emacs style
        > region / yank key assignments. Is there a simple macro that I can call
        > that will make the key assignments for the windows-style clipboard key
        > assignments (e.g. ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-insert, ctrl-insert, etc)?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rick.

        I think you are suggesting the standard Windows emulation:

        user-setup -> Start-up -> Emulation -> CUA (Windows Style)

        Jon.
      • cut1n1paste
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
          > Rick Owen wrote:
          > > Over the years I have developed my own set of keystrokes as I have
          used
          > > a variety of editors. I am, however, still living with the emacs
          style
          > > region / yank key assignments. Is there a simple macro that I can
          call
          > > that will make the key assignments for the windows-style clipboard
          key
          > > assignments (e.g. ctrl-c, ctrl-v, shift-insert, ctrl-insert, etc)?
          > >
          > I think you are suggesting the standard Windows emulation:
          > user-setup -> Start-up -> Emulation -> CUA (Windows Style)

          Rick, you may also add sometning like that:
          global-bind-key yank "C-c C-v"
          global-bind-key kill-region "C-c C-x"
          global-bind-key copy-region "C-c C-c"
          to your .emf-file (changing, of course, these keys to the ones you do
          want).