Re: [jasspa] Restoring session?

  • Rick Owen
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 5:54 AM
      Hmmmm.  Didn't work a minute ago. Works now. Must be gremlins.  Earlier I did try me "-cRick Owen" and I received an error about a problem in mysql.emf which had been parsed a hundred times prior to that without an error.  This time when I tried your suggestion it worked fine.  I'm not one to argue with success, so I'll just assume that the first attempt failed because of some odd alignment of the planets...

      As for the question "Is there any hope for me?" For the sake of my self esteem, we had probably better just limit it to "me" problems rather the problems with "me". :)

      Rick.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 8:18 AM
        Phillips, Steven wrote:

        > Unfortunately on my system (Windows XP Pro) my username is "Rick
        > Owen". I have tried restoring my session using your example, but
        > the embedded space seems to be a fatal problem. I have tried the
        > following without success:
        >
        > me -cRick Owen
        > me -cRick\ Owen
        > me -c'Rick Owen'
        > me -c"Rick Owen"
        > me "-cRick Owen" (this one seemed to have it's own unique set of
        > issues at startup)
        >
        > In your own user directory (see ME's $user-path) you should find the
        > file "Rick Owen.esf", if not what is your ME $user-name? I find running
        >
        > me "-cFoo Bar"

        I'd better add this bracketing to the help as well, it never occurred to
        me that people would have a space in their login name as it is typically
        the same as the E-mail name. Not being overly familiar with Windows I'm
        not sure that I'd have known what to do here either.

        Jon.