[jasspa] describe-word and Bookshelf

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2000
      |2) New describe-word command
      |
      | I've created a new describe-word command which requires a command-line
      | access to a word definition. The command will then be able to look-up and
      | display the meaning of a given word. The command can be run separately or
      | from the spell-checker.
      |
      | The command-line access could be some dictionary program you have, but
      | typically it will be a grep into a text file containing all the words and
      | definitions.

      Nice...

      Please allow for the possibility of not getting anything back.

      E.g. one can do a lookup in Microsoft Bookshelf from the command line:

      C:\>c:\app\books98\bshelf98 -i Jasspa

      brings up the Bookshelf 98 GUI with the nearest definition it can find:

      jat (jät) noun
      A member of a peasant caste residing in the Punjab and other areas of northern India and Pakistan, comprising Muslim, Hindu, and Sikh groups.

      I have it in my cdrom drive at all times.

      -Tom Hundt