Deak, Ferenc wrote:
> Thanks for the new release!
> 2006 RC1 works fine under slackware-current and pclinuxos.
> I've searched the files for something like a short list of new and/or changed features,
> but I didn't found any, is there any list somewhere?
> (I started to compare the two me.ehf files, but thinking about a better solution)
> Ferenc Deak
Further this message I've updated the change log:
There is also a new me.ehf help file which includes some documented
An update on the summary that I sent out this morning is below.
Thanks for your comments.
* MainMenu(3) - A more consistent main menu and user dialog
* file-browser(3) - New key bindings to create, delete, copy
files and directories. file-tool-setup(3) allows open actions
to be associated with file types allowing automatic launching
of external tools.
* Introduction of major modes for management of different file
types. buffer-mode-setup(3) assigns a new operating mode to a
buffer affecting the highlighting, indentation, key binding
etc. major-mode-setup(3) configures the behavior of the major
* Introduction of sessions which store the context of editor
including window layout and loaded files. Multiple sessions
may be used, "me -c<sessionName>" restores a specific session.
save-session(3) and read-session(3) handle the restore/saving
of sessions. The existing history commands have been removed.
* ClearCase(3) support for IBM Rational ClearCase.
* cvs(3) improved support within the file-browser(3).
* notes(3) utility extended, new features allow quick notes to
be generated with notes-instant, notes associated with a file
may be added with notes-context.
* rdiff(3) recursive difference and xdiff(3) for access to an
external graphical difference tool.
* forward-kill-word(2) inconsistencies removed.
* Highlighting improved, especially for long script files (html
* jst(8) - Structured text documents (needs some doc).
* insert-password(3) password generation utility for system
administrators who tire of thinking of new passwords.
* Fill columns are now defined on a per buffer basis
* indent-increase(3) and indent-decrease(3) commands introduced
to change the indentation of a region.
* The default date format may be specified by the user with
* Quick directory aliases such as "~proj" or "~work" etc. may be
defined to a longer pathname using alias-path-setup(3).
* Bug fixes and enhancements to existing commands and functions.