Re: [jasspa] -t c build problem on solaris and freebsd?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
      Phillips, Steven wrote:
      > Looking a little more closely at your printout, there is an obvious
      > contradiction. The use of 'freebsd.mak' and 'cc' as the compile means
      > that you are not actually using gcc so the problem may be cause by the
      > use of a duff compiler. Can you please send me the output of running 'cc
      > -V', also try running 'build -t c -m freebsd.gmk' to force it to use the
      > gcc compiler.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Steve

      The same applies to Solaris if you are using Sun compiler (which I
      assume you are because it is much better). If I recall this might have
      been patched after the 05/05 release. Could try the later source:

      http://www.jasspa.com/development/

      Jon.
    • Paul Holbrook
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
        Removing that line allowed it to compile osd.c.

        I found one more gotcha -- compiling either -t c or -ne, I get the
        following error:

        D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o unixterm.on -c unixterm.c
        unixterm.c:54: X11/Sunkeysym.h: No such file or directory
        make: *** [unixterm.on] Error 1

        This is because the machine I'm building on has no X sources or
        headers - a deliberate choice. It's admittedly an odd case. But if
        you're building -ne or -t c, you shouldn't require anything from X.

        Using the same suggestion, commenting out the include allowed the
        compile to finish.