RE: [jasspa] -t c build problem on solaris and freebsd?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12 7:58 AM
      Looking a little more closely at your printout, there is an obvious
      contradiction. The use of 'freebsd.mak' and 'cc' as the compile means
      that you are not actually using gcc so the problem may be cause by the
      use of a duff compiler. Can you please send me the output of running 'cc
      -V', also try running 'build -t c -m freebsd.gmk' to force it to use the
      gcc compiler.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12 8:31 AM
        Phillips, Steven wrote:
        > Looking a little more closely at your printout, there is an obvious
        > contradiction. The use of 'freebsd.mak' and 'cc' as the compile means
        > that you are not actually using gcc so the problem may be cause by the
        > use of a duff compiler. Can you please send me the output of running 'cc
        > -V', also try running 'build -t c -m freebsd.gmk' to force it to use the
        > gcc compiler.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Steve

        The same applies to Solaris if you are using Sun compiler (which I
        assume you are because it is much better). If I recall this might have
        been patched after the 05/05 release. Could try the later source:

        http://www.jasspa.com/development/

        Jon.
      • Paul Holbrook
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12 10:38 AM
          Removing that line allowed it to compile osd.c.

          I found one more gotcha -- compiling either -t c or -ne, I get the
          following error:

          D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o unixterm.on -c unixterm.c
          unixterm.c:54: X11/Sunkeysym.h: No such file or directory
          make: *** [unixterm.on] Error 1

          This is because the machine I'm building on has no X sources or
          headers - a deliberate choice. It's admittedly an odd case. But if
          you're building -ne or -t c, you shouldn't require anything from X.

          Using the same suggestion, commenting out the include allowed the
          compile to finish.