Re: Text Utilities/Tools with HTML files

  • Gadrin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2006
      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> wrote:

      > If I really wanted to use the menu, I would think about copying the
      >menu
      > code from hktxt.emf (or wherever) into myhtml.emf (or wherever) in my
      > company dir. Then, the menu will become available whenever an html
      >file
      > is edited.
      >
      > Enjoy,
      >
      > -Th

      I searched the entire folder (both MicroEmacs and the Jasspa folder in
      Documents & Settings) and I can't find the menu.

      I did find: "Justify Left" in hkjst.emf (on line 59)

      So I tried executing that file while I was editing a .html file, but
      nothing happens. I get "Jst file hook loaded" but no menu and the C-c C-
      l does nothing.

      When I switch between an .html file and .txt file the program knows and
      changes the menu.

      Anyway to trigger that behavior by the user ?

      Next I'm going to get rid of my *html*.emf files (any of them, by
      moving them to a distant folder and see if that helps).
    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2006
        Ah! Two simple changes to me.emf:

        add-file-hook ".htm .html .htp .hts" fhook-
        html
        add-file-hook ".lhtm .lhtml" fhook-
        lhtml

        change both to: fhook-txt

        and the problem is solved.

        I don't need all the HTML macros anyway.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
          Rather than edit the main me.emf, I suggest you copy these 2 lines to your own setup file (see user-setup) and leave me.emf unaltered. This should avoid losing this fix when you next up-grade ME,

        • Gadrin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
            yup, done.