Re: [jasspa] question about notes

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      Deak, Ferenc wrote:
      >>> I've started to use the notes interface, and I have a question about its satbility.
      >>> Is it suitable to use it for notes larger than 100K?
      >> 100K is a book isn't it? It is hardly a note.
      >
      > Oh, sorry, I meant that the whole notes file is larger than 100 or 200k. Sorry.

      Hi Ferenc,

      Sorry I thought you were proposing large single notes and were
      considering a note file in the 250MB-1GB range. 100K for the whole notes
      file is fine. My notes file is currently 1.2M and still growing and have
      not had any problems with it at all with respect to speed. I have not
      lost any information and I still consider the file to be very small. I
      must admit I do find it very useful a good place to put all those small
      bits of information that would otherwise get lost.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2006
        There have been significant improvements to notes in the latest version of ME, including improvements to the notes frame and narrow handling and new notes-instant and notes-context commands.

        There have been a few email threads and issues raised that concern the buffer file-hook usage, I am currently trying to address some of these issues by creating a few 'major-mode' type commands (big emacs terminology), see next email. Once these are done I think we will be ready to create a release.