Re: [jasspa] Re: Text Utilities/Tools with HTML files

  • Bruno Sabin
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2006
      recently was introduced a "browse" mode which I use for reviewing log
      files. Simply press F3 to toggle on/off (default binding). Once in browse
      mode, press "w" to wrap the text or unwrap it.
      The downside is that it makes the buffer read-only, but at least things
      wrap nicely and the file is not affected.
      --
      bruno

    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2006
        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> wrote:

        > If I really wanted to use the menu, I would think about copying the
        >menu
        > code from hktxt.emf (or wherever) into myhtml.emf (or wherever) in my
        > company dir. Then, the menu will become available whenever an html
        >file
        > is edited.
        >
        > Enjoy,
        >
        > -Th

        I searched the entire folder (both MicroEmacs and the Jasspa folder in
        Documents & Settings) and I can't find the menu.

        I did find: "Justify Left" in hkjst.emf (on line 59)

        So I tried executing that file while I was editing a .html file, but
        nothing happens. I get "Jst file hook loaded" but no menu and the C-c C-
        l does nothing.

        When I switch between an .html file and .txt file the program knows and
        changes the menu.

        Anyway to trigger that behavior by the user ?

        Next I'm going to get rid of my *html*.emf files (any of them, by
        moving them to a distant folder and see if that helps).
      • Gadrin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2006
          Ah! Two simple changes to me.emf:

          add-file-hook ".htm .html .htp .hts" fhook-
          html
          add-file-hook ".lhtm .lhtml" fhook-
          lhtml

          change both to: fhook-txt

          and the problem is solved.

          I don't need all the HTML macros anyway.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
            Rather than edit the main me.emf, I suggest you copy these 2 lines to your own setup file (see user-setup) and leave me.emf unaltered. This should avoid losing this fix when you next up-grade ME,

          • Gadrin
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
              yup, done.