Re: [jasspa] Re: Text Utilities/Tools with HTML files

    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2006
      I take the brute force kludge approach and put this in my company file,
      making it available from every language. Maybe you can do something
      similar. (You can just bind the thing directly, not use the wrapper
      here. I have this because I often want to fill a whole bunch of
      paragraphs in a row. There's probably a more elegant solution which
      someone will probably point out in a moment :-) .)

      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      ; my-ifill-paragraph: makes fill move cursor to end by default
      ; (use numarg of 0 to leave it in place -- default for ifill)
      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      define-macro my-ifill-paragraph
      !if @?
      !if &equ @# 0
      ifill-paragraph
      !else
      @# ifill-paragraph
      !endif
      !else
      1 ifill-paragraph
      !emacro
      !force global-bind-key my-ifill-paragraph "C-x p"

      If I really wanted to use the menu, I would think about copying the menu
      code from hktxt.emf (or wherever) into myhtml.emf (or wherever) in my
      company dir. Then, the menu will become available whenever an html file
      is edited.

      Enjoy,

      -Th

      Gadrin wrote, On 5/27/2006 9:14 AM:
      > no, I don't just want to wrap text, I may not be typing it. I want to
      > be able to access the TEXT TOOLS menu from within HTML files.
      >
      > for instance someone supplies me with a file whose text goes far
      > beyond the right portion of the screen.
      >
      > I need to be able to place the cursor at the start of the paragraph
      > and use C-c C-l to left-justify the para.
      >
      > this is handy when I get "non-pretty" html and the lines are very
      > long, I can quickly re-align it into a chunk of text I can see.
      >
      > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...>
      > wrote:
      >> You should be able to do this by simply disabling Auto indent using
      >> buffer-setup and enabling 'wrap' buffer mode. To get wrap enabled
      > for
      >> every html file you load, create the following my-fhook-html in
      > your own
      >> myhtml.emf file.
      >>
      >> 0 define-macro my-fhook-html
      >> 1 buffer-mode "wrap"
      >> !emacro
      >>
      >> Steve

    • Bruno Sabin
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2006
        recently was introduced a "browse" mode which I use for reviewing log
        files. Simply press F3 to toggle on/off (default binding). Once in browse
        mode, press "w" to wrap the text or unwrap it.
        The downside is that it makes the buffer read-only, but at least things
        wrap nicely and the file is not affected.
        --
        bruno

      • Gadrin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2 2:30 PM
          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> wrote:

          > If I really wanted to use the menu, I would think about copying the
          >menu
          > code from hktxt.emf (or wherever) into myhtml.emf (or wherever) in my
          > company dir. Then, the menu will become available whenever an html
          >file
          > is edited.
          >
          > Enjoy,
          >
          > -Th

          I searched the entire folder (both MicroEmacs and the Jasspa folder in
          Documents & Settings) and I can't find the menu.

          I did find: "Justify Left" in hkjst.emf (on line 59)

          So I tried executing that file while I was editing a .html file, but
          nothing happens. I get "Jst file hook loaded" but no menu and the C-c C-
          l does nothing.

          When I switch between an .html file and .txt file the program knows and
          changes the menu.

          Anyway to trigger that behavior by the user ?

          Next I'm going to get rid of my *html*.emf files (any of them, by
          moving them to a distant folder and see if that helps).
        • Gadrin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2 2:48 PM
            Ah! Two simple changes to me.emf:

            add-file-hook ".htm .html .htp .hts" fhook-
            html
            add-file-hook ".lhtm .lhtml" fhook-
            lhtml

            change both to: fhook-txt

            and the problem is solved.

            I don't need all the HTML macros anyway.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4 11:33 PM
              Rather than edit the main me.emf, I suggest you copy these 2 lines to your own setup file (see user-setup) and leave me.emf unaltered. This should avoid losing this fix when you next up-grade ME,

            • Gadrin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5 8:26 AM
                yup, done.