Re: [jasspa] bindings, notes, etc

  • Alex Sa
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2006
      On 4/27/06, Alex Sa <nesmrtelnost@...> wrote:

      > > Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
      > > Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the right hand side?
      > yes, exactly. is it possible -- to change nodes without switching to
      > left (tree) panel?

      may it's possible to macro such movements for now? i have quite big
      amount of nodes at the left side and moving among them is a real pain:
      switch window, use arrows, press enter to select (which, btw, also
      closes all child nodes), switch window again (or press tab)... :)

      may be some macros guru could advise me something here? :)

      > > > 2. F10 is a shortcut to open / close the filemanager. is it
      > > > possible to bind, e.g., F9 the same way to open and close
      > > > Notes utility? i use global-bind-key notes "F9" to open, but
      > > > how should i bind it in order to close when open? i know
      > > > there is buffer-bind-key but can't find out how to properly
      > > > use it in this case...
      > > I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in the
      > > next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to open notes
      > > and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few changes in this area to
      > > make it work much better).

      something similar here -- is it possible to macro or translate or do
      something else :) in order to open / close Notes with *one* key --
      just like file-browser acts?

      and one more question -- when i press "(" and then ")" aka closing
      bracket, the cursor is placed for a certain moment at the "(" aka
      opening bracket and then -- just after the ")".
      is it possible to disable such behaviour? do not want the cursor to
      jump anywhere :).

      thanks.

      --
      as
      Message 2 of 13 , May 2, 2006
        Alex

        > > > Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
        > > > Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the
        > right hand side?
        > > yes, exactly. is it possible -- to change nodes without
        > switching to
        > > left (tree) panel?
        >
        > may it's possible to macro such movements for now? i have
        > quite big amount of nodes at the left side and moving among
        > them is a real pain:
        > switch window, use arrows, press enter to select (which, btw,
        > also closes all child nodes), switch window again (or press tab)... :)

        Use space instead of enter.

        > may be some macros guru could advise me something here? :)

        I have created macros to do this and bound them to C-page-up & down -
        this will be in the next release.

        > how should
        > it in this
        > > > I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in
        > > > the next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to
        > > > open notes and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few
        > changes in
        > > > this area to make it work much better).
        >
        > something similar here -- is it possible to macro or
        > translate or do something else :) in order to open / close
        > Notes with *one* key -- just like file-browser acts?

        I have changed the main 'notes' command to hide the notes if currently
        visible, so if you bind the notes command to f9 pressing f9 will open
        notes, press it again will close notes. Available in the next release.

        > and one more question -- when i press "(" and then ")" aka
        > closing bracket, the cursor is placed for a certain moment at
        > the "(" aka opening bracket and then -- just after the ")".
        > is it possible to disable such behaviour? do not want the
        > cursor to jump anywhere :).

        See user-setup -> Platform -> Fence Display setting

        Steve
      • Alex Sa
        Message 3 of 13 , May 2, 2006
          Stephen, that's really brilliant, thank you a lot! :)

          On 5/2/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:

          <skipped>

          --
          as
        • Alex Sa
          Message 4 of 13 , May 15, 2006
            On 5/2/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:

            > I have created macros to do this and bound them to C-page-up & down -
            > this will be in the next release.

            while talking about the next release: for now it's impossible to use
            Notes in splitted window (e.g., Notes at the top, open file at the
            bottom). don't you plan to add such feature to ME? (probably, it's
            somehow connected with the absence of Notes in buffer's list?)

            --
            as
            Message 5 of 13 , May 25, 2006
              Getting the two windows (the tree and the note window) tied together and not
              trashed by other commands (or the user) is extremely difficult (see the
              file-browser) which is why I have elected to use a different frame.

              What may be possible is to use an external frame (i.e. another window), if
              this would be of use I could look into it, that said now that notes open and
              close with f9 I think most of the major usability issues are resolved.

              Steve