Re: [jasspa] bindings, notes, etc

  • Alex Sa
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006
      On 4/27/06, Bruno Sabin <bsabin@...> wrote:
      > > how can i bind it to some key? global-bind-key "8 exit-emacs" "f2"
      > > doesn't seem to work :).
      > try:
      > 8 global-bind-key exit-emacs f2

      thanks, Bruno, it really works :).

      --
      as
    • Alex Sa
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006
        On 4/27/06, Alex Sa <nesmrtelnost@...> wrote:
        > > > how can i bind it to some key? global-bind-key "8 exit-emacs" "f2"
        > > > doesn't seem to work :).
        > > try:
        > > 8 global-bind-key exit-emacs f2
        > thanks, Bruno, it really works :).

        btw, ME cannot use F13, F14, etc (those functional keys that follows
        F12), am i right?

      • andrew.blank
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006
          > btw, ME cannot use F13, F14, etc (those functional keys that follows
          > F12), am i right?

          While you are talking about key-bindings now - do you know, is it
          possible to change F1 shortcut to any other (I'd prefer F9, since it
          is the most usual shortcut to bring up menus)?

          Also, is it possible to change file-browser's hotkey F10 to any other
          (keeping the possibility to open and close the file-browser with the
          one hotkey)?

          Andrew.
        • Alex Sa
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2006
            On 4/27/06, Alex Sa <nesmrtelnost@...> wrote:

            > > Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
            > > Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the right hand side?
            > yes, exactly. is it possible -- to change nodes without switching to
            > left (tree) panel?

            may it's possible to macro such movements for now? i have quite big
            amount of nodes at the left side and moving among them is a real pain:
            switch window, use arrows, press enter to select (which, btw, also
            closes all child nodes), switch window again (or press tab)... :)

            may be some macros guru could advise me something here? :)

            > > > 2. F10 is a shortcut to open / close the filemanager. is it
            > > > possible to bind, e.g., F9 the same way to open and close
            > > > Notes utility? i use global-bind-key notes "F9" to open, but
            > > > how should i bind it in order to close when open? i know
            > > > there is buffer-bind-key but can't find out how to properly
            > > > use it in this case...
            > > I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in the
            > > next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to open notes
            > > and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few changes in this area to
            > > make it work much better).

            something similar here -- is it possible to macro or translate or do
            something else :) in order to open / close Notes with *one* key --
            just like file-browser acts?

            and one more question -- when i press "(" and then ")" aka closing
            bracket, the cursor is placed for a certain moment at the "(" aka
            opening bracket and then -- just after the ")".
            is it possible to disable such behaviour? do not want the cursor to
            jump anywhere :).

            thanks.

            --
            as
            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2006
              Alex

              > > > Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
              > > > Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the
              > right hand side?
              > > yes, exactly. is it possible -- to change nodes without
              > switching to
              > > left (tree) panel?
              >
              > may it's possible to macro such movements for now? i have
              > quite big amount of nodes at the left side and moving among
              > them is a real pain:
              > switch window, use arrows, press enter to select (which, btw,
              > also closes all child nodes), switch window again (or press tab)... :)

              Use space instead of enter.

              > may be some macros guru could advise me something here? :)

              I have created macros to do this and bound them to C-page-up & down -
              this will be in the next release.

              > how should
              > it in this
              > > > I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in
              > > > the next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to
              > > > open notes and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few
              > changes in
              > > > this area to make it work much better).
              >
              > something similar here -- is it possible to macro or
              > translate or do something else :) in order to open / close
              > Notes with *one* key -- just like file-browser acts?

              I have changed the main 'notes' command to hide the notes if currently
              visible, so if you bind the notes command to f9 pressing f9 will open
              notes, press it again will close notes. Available in the next release.

              > and one more question -- when i press "(" and then ")" aka
              > closing bracket, the cursor is placed for a certain moment at
              > the "(" aka opening bracket and then -- just after the ")".
              > is it possible to disable such behaviour? do not want the
              > cursor to jump anywhere :).

              See user-setup -> Platform -> Fence Display setting

              Steve
            • Alex Sa
              Message 6 of 13 , May 2, 2006
                Stephen, that's really brilliant, thank you a lot! :)

                On 5/2/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:

                <skipped>

                --
                as
              • Alex Sa
                Message 7 of 13 , May 15, 2006
                  On 5/2/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:

                  > I have created macros to do this and bound them to C-page-up & down -
                  > this will be in the next release.

                  while talking about the next release: for now it's impossible to use
                  Notes in splitted window (e.g., Notes at the top, open file at the
                  bottom). don't you plan to add such feature to ME? (probably, it's
                  somehow connected with the absence of Notes in buffer's list?)

                  --
                  as
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 25, 2006
                    Getting the two windows (the tree and the note window) tied together and not
                    trashed by other commands (or the user) is extremely difficult (see the
                    file-browser) which is why I have elected to use a different frame.

                    What may be possible is to use an external frame (i.e. another window), if
                    this would be of use I could look into it, that said now that notes open and
                    close with f9 I think most of the major usability issues are resolved.

                    Steve