Re: [jasspa] python hilight 2

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
      I found the original email (missed it first time around), the example suggests
      the python format is:

      """<...

      >"""

      I have utilized the '<' and '>' attached to the """ so please let me know if
      this is unwise (with examples!). Given this I propose the following:

      0 hilight .hilight.python 2 50 $global-scheme
      hilight .hilight.python 2 "#" .scheme.comment
      hilight .hilight.python 4 "\"\"\"<" ">\"\"\"" "\\" .scheme.string
      hilight .hilight.python 0 ">\"\"\"" .scheme.string
      hilight .hilight.python 0x804 "\"" "\"" "\\" .scheme.string
      hilight .hilight.python 0 "\\[" .scheme.string
      hilight .hilight.python 0 "\\]" .scheme.string
      hilight .hilight.python 0x804 "'" "['\n]" "\\" .scheme.quote
      ; Variables

      This should work with ME0505 although I have only tested with the latest
      version.

      Steve

      > Subject: [jasspa] python hilight 2
      > From: Jiri Vit <jirivit@...>
      > Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 12:28:46 PM
      > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
      > Hi list,

      > I am new here and I have found an old message without answer:

      > I solved the python string highlight problem with:

      > 1.
      > Edit hkpython.emf and change hi-light look-back. For example:

      > 0 hilight .hilight.python 2 50 $global-scheme

      > 2.
      > Then add a little comment after string definition in python source file:

      > source.py:
      > --------------file -------------------
      > """
      > very
      > long
      > python
      > string
      > """
      > #""" - add this comment
      > ------------- EOF ---------------------

      > I know that's not the cleanest way, but it works for me well ;-)

      > Jiri

      >> From: "Bosko Markovic" <bosko.m@...>Date: Sat Oct 8, 2005 11:32 am
      >> Subject: python hilight 2 bosko.m@...Send Email

      >> There is another issue with highlighting. Single quotes or triple quotes
      >> that
      >> are first from the top of screen are considered as starting quotes, and
      >> code
      >> below them is highlighted as string. This is not case with C/C++ files,
      >> only
      >> with Python.

      >> Any suggestions?

    • Jiri Vit
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
        Unfortunately long python string begins and ends only with '"""'. All
        strings between the triple-quotes are
        part of string data.

        For details look at this:
        http://docs.python.org/ref/strings.html

        From the python tutorial:
        ---------------------------
        Strings can be surrounded in a pair of matching triple-quotes: """ or '''.
        End of lines do not need to be escaped when using triple-quotes, but they
        will be included in the string.

        Examples:

        print """
        Usage: thingy [OPTIONS]
        -h Display this usage message
        -H hostname Hostname to connect to
        """

        produces the following output:

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
          Hmmm... That makes it a lot more tricky, fundamentally this breaks the
          hilighting as you cannot determine whether a """ is the start or end of the
          string without starting at the very top of the file and working down to it.

          Will need to find some way of constraining it...

          Steve

          > Subject: [jasspa] python hilight 2
          > From: Jiri Vit <jirivit@...>
          > Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2006, 8:57:07 AM
          > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
          > Unfortunately long python string begins and ends only with '"""'. All
          > strings between the triple-quotes are
          > part of string data.

          > For details look at this:
          > http://docs.python.org/ref/strings.html

          > From the python tutorial:
          > ---------------------------
          > Strings can be surrounded in a pair of matching triple-quotes: """ or '''.
          > End of lines do not need to be escaped when using triple-quotes, but they
          > will be included in the string.

          > Examples:

          > print """
          > Usage: thingy [OPTIONS]
          > -h Display this usage message
          > -H hostname Hostname to connect to
          > """

          > produces the following output:

          > Usage: thingy [OPTIONS]
          > -h Display this usage message
          > -H hostname Hostname to connect to

          > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:52:54 +0200, Steven Phillips <bill@...>
          > wrote:

          >> I found the original email (missed it first time around), the example
          >> suggests
          >> the python format is:
          >>
          >> """<...
          >>
          >>> """
          >>
          >> I have utilized the '<' and '>' attached to the """ so please let me
          >> know if
          >> this is unwise (with examples!). Given this I propose the following:
          >>
          >> 0 hilight .hilight.python 2 50 $global-scheme
          >> hilight .hilight.python 2 "#" .scheme.comment
          >> hilight .hilight.python 4 "\"\"\"<" ">\"\"\"" "\\" .scheme.string
          >> hilight .hilight.python 0 ">\"\"\"" .scheme.string
          >> hilight .hilight.python 0x804 "\"" "\"" "\\" .scheme.string
          >> hilight .hilight.python 0 "\\[" .scheme.string
          >> hilight .hilight.python 0 "\\]" .scheme.string
          >> hilight .hilight.python 0x804 "'" "['\n]" "\\" .scheme.quote
          >> ; Variables
          >>
          >> This should work with ME0505 although I have only tested with the latest
          >> version.
          >>
          >> Steve
          >>
          >>> Subject: [jasspa] python hilight 2
          >>> From: Jiri Vit <jirivit@...>
          >>> Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 12:28:46 PM
          >>> To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
          >>> Hi list,
          >>
          >>> I am new here and I have found an old message without answer:
          >>
          >>> I solved the python string highlight problem with:
          >>
          >>> 1.
          >>> Edit hkpython.emf and change hi-light look-back. For example:
          >>
          >>> 0 hilight .hilight.python 2 50 $global-scheme
          >>
          >>> 2.
          >>> Then add a little comment after string definition in python source file:
          >>
          >>> source.py:
          >>> """
          >>> very
          >>> long