a little more on auto-spell

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
      To get the problem with spell-buffer to happen (see previous e-mail), I
      have to be at the beginning of the buffer, apparently. The thing should
      be called spell-rest-of-buffer ;-) (Yes, this is documented.)

      The problem with prompting for "Identity" etc. does NOT happen when I
      invoke the spelling engine using Esc-$ (spell-word). Here, it functions
      correctly.

      Oh, and once it screws up, my top-of-screen OSD menu refuses to work.
      The highlight will follow the mouse cursor across the top, but there are
      no drop-down menus. (Even more fun: hitting F1 to invoke the menu from
      the keyboard pops up a second menu "strip" -- about 5 lines down from
      the top.)

      Very strange.

      --
      Thomas Hundt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
        Tom,

        Can't reproduce this with my current version, what version and platform are you
        using? Does the first word or first erroneous word encountered make a
        difference?

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
          Tom,

          I have managed to reproduce this with the current development version on
          the Jasspa site which is what I assume you must be using. This issue
          appears to be fixed in our current development version so I guess we
          need to generate a new development release.

          I have also fixed the crash you found the other day,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
            Steve,

            I'm using the production release. I'm pretty sure.
            MicroEmacs 05 - Date 2005/05/05 - win32

            -Tom

            --
            Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698