Re: [jasspa] Ubuntu & Debian packages

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
      Patrick Das Gupta wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I've created some ME and NE packages for Debian Sarge (i386,powerpc),
      > Debian Sid (i386) and Ubuntu Breezy (i386). They can be found at [0].
      >
      > They are tested on three of my systems and run flawlessly. I've also
      > gone to great lengths to build quality packages which strictly comply
      > with the Debian Policy.
      >
      > But there's still one issue left which is considered serious by the
      > Debian Policy: Missing manpages (in nroff format) [1].
      > Maybe some JASSPA guru can help we with this one?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Patrick
      >
      > [0] http://patrick.das-gupta.org/debian/
      > [1] http://www.de.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s12.1

      These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.
      Sorry for the delay - I had to add the conversion macros so that they
      would run through tmac/ad (man).

      I've only tested these on Sun Solaris so if there are problems on Linux
      then let me know and will try to resolve.

      Jon.
    • Patrick Das Gupta
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
        Jon Green wrote:
        > These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.

        Thank you for this fast solution!

        > I've only tested these on Sun Solaris so if there are problems on Linux
        > then let me know and will try to resolve.

        I've just had a first look at them and both seem to be ok, at least on
        Debian Sid.

        Thanks again,
        Patrick
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
          Patrick Das Gupta wrote:
          > Jon Green wrote:
          >
          >>These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.
          >

          > Thank you for this fast solution!

          Possibly a little too fast!

          There were a couple of rendering anomolies in xman. I have now corrected
          these and updated the content on www.jasspa.com

          Jon.