Re: [jasspa] Ubuntu & Debian packages

  • Patrick Das Gupta
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
      Jon Green wrote:
      > I see after reading the policy that cat pages are not good enough. Not
      > sure why?

      I can only guess. Maybe because troff is a better format for modifications?

      Anyway. Is there a chance to get me.1 and ne.1 in troff?
      Otherwise I would manually convert ne.1. I've already started with it
      for me.1, which is included in the ME debian packages.

      Regards,
      Patrick
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
        Patrick Das Gupta wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I've created some ME and NE packages for Debian Sarge (i386,powerpc),
        > Debian Sid (i386) and Ubuntu Breezy (i386). They can be found at [0].
        >
        > They are tested on three of my systems and run flawlessly. I've also
        > gone to great lengths to build quality packages which strictly comply
        > with the Debian Policy.
        >
        > But there's still one issue left which is considered serious by the
        > Debian Policy: Missing manpages (in nroff format) [1].
        > Maybe some JASSPA guru can help we with this one?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Patrick
        >
        > [0] http://patrick.das-gupta.org/debian/
        > [1] http://www.de.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s12.1

        These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.
        Sorry for the delay - I had to add the conversion macros so that they
        would run through tmac/ad (man).

        I've only tested these on Sun Solaris so if there are problems on Linux
        then let me know and will try to resolve.

        Jon.
      • Patrick Das Gupta
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
          Jon Green wrote:
          > These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.

          Thank you for this fast solution!

          > I've only tested these on Sun Solaris so if there are problems on Linux
          > then let me know and will try to resolve.

          I've just had a first look at them and both seem to be ok, at least on
          Debian Sid.

          Thanks again,
          Patrick
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
            Patrick Das Gupta wrote:
            > Jon Green wrote:
            >
            >>These Nroff files are now on www.jasspa.com on the documentation page.
            >

            > Thank you for this fast solution!

            Possibly a little too fast!

            There were a couple of rendering anomolies in xman. I have now corrected
            these and updated the content on www.jasspa.com

            Jon.