Re: [jasspa] Bug in meAtoi -- leading zeros

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
      Yeah I guess it *is* documented -- on the help page macroOverview(4),
      "MACRO LANGUAGE OVERVIEW":

      All variables are treated as strings within MicroEmacs so the integer
      value of 102 is the string "102". Where functions require an integer
      argument (i.e. &add) the strings are converted to integers, operated on
      and converted back to a string result. Floating point notation is not
      understood.

      Integers may be expressed in different bases:

      0xXXX - Hexadecimal notation i.e. 0x12af.
      0oooo - Octal notation requires a leading 012673.
      ddddd - Decimal notation 12345.

      It just took me by surprise, I guess because other things (e.g., the Esc
      arg or universal-argument) are locked in as decimal.

      Thanks

      -Th