Re: [jasspa] Current Cygwin Maintainer?

  • Tim O'Callaghan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
      On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 04:19:47PM +0000, Jon Green wrote:
      > Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
      > > of me into the Cygwin distribution?
      > >
      > > Tim.
      > > "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
      > > -- Groucho Marx
      >
      > I tried to do this before and the Cygwin people were not very interested.

      Well i was thinking of proposing it, mainly because its easier than
      downloading and installing manually on different machines.

      > I'm not sure if the system builds with the latest version of cygwin. I
      > tried building 2 months ago and it simply crashed, I assume something
      > had changed in cygwin because it was fine before that for many years. I
      > did not pursue debugging this any further and considered it more prudent
      > to try again in a few months.

      There has been some changes to the core dll recently i think. And i have
      noticed the spell checker is broken under the current binary. I have yet to
      attempt to compile from the distribution source so cannot say about crashes as
      yet.

      Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/