Re: [jasspa] Current Cygwin Maintainer?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
      Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
      > of me into the Cygwin distribution?
      >
      > Tim.
      > "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
      > -- Groucho Marx

      I tried to do this before and the Cygwin people were not very interested.

      I'm not sure if the system builds with the latest version of cygwin. I
      tried building 2 months ago and it simply crashed, I assume something
      had changed in cygwin because it was fine before that for many years. I
      did not pursue debugging this any further and considered it more prudent
      to try again in a few months.

      Jon.
    • Tim O'Callaghan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
        On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 04:19:47PM +0000, Jon Green wrote:
        > Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
        > > of me into the Cygwin distribution?
        > >
        > > Tim.
        > > "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
        > > -- Groucho Marx
        >
        > I tried to do this before and the Cygwin people were not very interested.

        Well i was thinking of proposing it, mainly because its easier than
        downloading and installing manually on different machines.

        > I'm not sure if the system builds with the latest version of cygwin. I
        > tried building 2 months ago and it simply crashed, I assume something
        > had changed in cygwin because it was fine before that for many years. I
        > did not pursue debugging this any further and considered it more prudent
        > to try again in a few months.

        There has been some changes to the core dll recently i think. And i have
        noticed the spell checker is broken under the current binary. I have yet to
        attempt to compile from the distribution source so cannot say about crashes as
        yet.

        Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/