Current Cygwin Maintainer?

  • Tim O'Callaghan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
      Hi,

      I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
      of me into the Cygwin distribution?

      Tim.
      "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
      -- Groucho Marx

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
        Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
        > of me into the Cygwin distribution?
        >
        > Tim.
        > "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
        > -- Groucho Marx

        I tried to do this before and the Cygwin people were not very interested.

        I'm not sure if the system builds with the latest version of cygwin. I
        tried building 2 months ago and it simply crashed, I assume something
        had changed in cygwin because it was fine before that for many years. I
        did not pursue debugging this any further and considered it more prudent
        to try again in a few months.

        Jon.
      • Tim O'Callaghan
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
          On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 04:19:47PM +0000, Jon Green wrote:
          > Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I was wondering if anyone no this list is interested in getting the Cygwin port
          > > of me into the Cygwin distribution?
          > >
          > > Tim.
          > > "I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of supreme poverty."
          > > -- Groucho Marx
          >
          > I tried to do this before and the Cygwin people were not very interested.

          Well i was thinking of proposing it, mainly because its easier than
          downloading and installing manually on different machines.

          > I'm not sure if the system builds with the latest version of cygwin. I
          > tried building 2 months ago and it simply crashed, I assume something
          > had changed in cygwin because it was fine before that for many years. I
          > did not pursue debugging this any further and considered it more prudent
          > to try again in a few months.

          There has been some changes to the core dll recently i think. And i have
          noticed the spell checker is broken under the current binary. I have yet to
          attempt to compile from the distribution source so cannot say about crashes as
          yet.

          Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/