[jasspa] ME and Postie as Email-programs

  • dgroth@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2000
      Hello,

      a couple of weeks ago I was switching from Eudora to ME/Postie as my
      favourite Email-program(s). I was very pleasured about the capabilities of ME to
      handle my Email traffic. With Postie I can visit all me mailboxes with one
      simple batch-file and I can wrote new mails with ME. Furthermore I could
      import all my old mails from Eudora. Great.

      However there are still some small problems. I use: `Fcc:
      c:/jemacs99/dgroth/mail/outbox"
      and my Emails I wrote are stored there. However the outbox-list-buffer
      does not format properly. If I change in the outbox-file after sending all
      `To:'s into` Froms:' I can see the receiver of the message. If I further
      add the Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1999 par example also the date of the
      message is shown.

      There are some possible soulutions to this, first, change the ascii-time
      format in the the proper one, then change the hilighting scheme for
      some boxes (the outboxes) or convert the To's into From's. But these are
      not the best choices of course.

      Any solutions to this ?

      best regards,
      Detlef

      By the way for Decoding I use the small and free UUDeview.
      ( http://www.miken.com/uud )