"General help" panel question

  • Meino Christian Cramer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi,

      if I need "General Help" I press ESC-? and enter the string I want to
      look up.

      If the last character of the search string is entered I press
      <RETURN> to end the input and start the search. Instead the button
      [SEARCH] is highlighted and waiting for the click of a mouse...

      Is it possible to remap that button so that it reacts directly on
      <RETURN>? People who wants to switch (EXACT) and (MAGIC) may use
      <- and -> in beforehand.

      Just an idea to save some mouse clicks since I think that an editor
      -- a keyboard based program -- should avoid mousing as much as
      possible.

      Only my two cents....

      :)

      Keep microemacsing!
      Meino
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        I have similar problems with describe-word and the ftp dialog. I will
        add it to the todo list.

        Of