Re: [jasspa] Regexp problem

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2005
      > Maybe you have a similar solution to this problem: in a macro I use
      > kill-region
      > set-variable #l1 @y
      > insert-string #l1
      >
      > but it inserts the region I killed two times (doubled).

      It works correctly for me, inserting only ONE copy of the region:

      kill-region
      set-variable #l1 @y
      insert-string "before"
      insert-string #l1
      insert-string "after"

      (in fact, it looks to the user like the strings "before" and "after" are
      inserted, and the rest is left alone)

      -Th
    • Christof Boeckler
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2005
        Thomas Hundt schrieb:
        > It works correctly for me, inserting only ONE copy of the region:
        >
        > kill-region
        > set-variable #l1 @y
        > insert-string "before"
        > insert-string #l1
        > insert-string "after"
        >
        > (in fact, it looks to the user like the strings "before" and "after" are
        > inserted, and the rest is left alone)

        Hm, now I realized the problem is somewhere else: depending on the way
        you mark the region it either works or not. It works if you do it the
        standard way (set-mark + move cursor), but it doesn't work properly, if
        you use either the mouse or the MS-ish shift-cursor way.

        I think this problem lays deeper ...

        > -Th

        Gruß / Regards
        Christof

        --
        http://home.in.tum.de/~boeckler/ http://www.spiegel.de/zwiebelfisch
        Da sie sich für weise hielten, sind sie zu Narren geworden. Rö 1,22
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2005
          Christof Boeckler schrieb:
          > Hm, now I realized the problem is somewhere else: depending on the way
          > you mark the region it either works or not. It works if you do it the
          > standard way (set-mark + move cursor), but it doesn't work properly, if
          > you use either the mouse or the MS-ish shift-cursor way.
          >
          > I think this problem lays deeper ...

          I consider this to be a serious bug - what do you think?

          Gruß / Regards
          Christof