Re: [jasspa] BUG: A little fix for x86_64 platform

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2005
      ZarathustraXYZ wrote:
      > Hi all.
      > I have found (and fixed) a little bug (in spawn.c file) that occurs
      > with Linux kernel 2.6.x on 64bit platform. This occurs when you try
      > to exec external tool like ctags, grep and so on.
      > There are other little "fix": warning suppression, modified makefile
      > for handle x86_64.
      >
      > Ciao.
      >
      > Vincenzo

      Hi Vincenzo,

      I think you are the first to attempt to build a 64-bit Linux image.
      Looking through your changes, certainly a little bit cleaner - probably
      the way it should have been in the first case.

      Thanks.
      Jon.
    • ZarathustraXYZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
        Hi Jon,
        thanks for your great work. Microemacs is a very good editor. I have
        been using it for more than 3 years on i686, on Alpha ( :-) ) and now
        on AMD64. I don't know exactly why but on Alpha (with Linux kernel 2.
        4.x, gcc 2.96 and Compaq ccc) it seems it's working, that's why I have
        never realized that there could be such kind of problems.
        I think I may have found others little problems and we'll talk about
        them next time.

        Ciao.
        Vincenzo.