python hilight

  • Bosko Markovic
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
      Hi,
      There are some problems with syntax highlighting Python scripts in MicroEmacs '05
      (JASSPA ofcourse) ( same in '02 release). I've searched mailing list archive
      but I have found nothing.

      In Python multiline strings start with """ (or ''') and end with """ (or '''
      ). They can contain strings like 'str1' or "str2" e.g. single quotes
      and double quotes do not break multiline string.

      What is the proper hilight definition for this kind of strings?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
        Bosko,

        I suggest you try something like the following:

        hilight .hilight.python 4 "\"\"\"" "\"\"\"" "\\" .scheme.string

        Add this line to a mypython.emf file (or failing that to hkpython.emf but you
        may loose the change when you upgrade). If this hilighting rule works I'll add
        it to the main hook for the next release,

        Steve