Re: Indentation/Formatting Question

  • Gadrin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      so the string "XML" somewhere in the file will trigger this ?

      yuck.

      ok, I'll scope out the suggestions you made and see about cleaning
      up the .emf files.

      Gadrin

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        I take it you refer to the grep command. Note that this is intended to
        print out any references to fhook-xml -- which is what you're looking for.

        -Th

        Gadrin wrote:
        > so the string "XML" somewhere in the file will trigger this ?
        >
        > yuck.
        >
        > ok, I'll scope out the suggestions you made and see about cleaning
        > up the .emf files.
        >
        > Gadrin
        >
        > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@s...> wrote:
        >
        >>It obviously thinks this is an XML file.
        >>
        >>Perhaps something at the beginning of the file?
        >>
        >>Not just the extension (".txt" etc.) determines what ME thinks the
        >
        > file is!
        >
        >>Did you read the manual about file hooks?
        >>Did you read the me.emf file?
        >>Did you do something like 'grep *.emf add-file-hook | grep -i
        >
        > xml' ?
        >
        >>These are what I would try.
        >>
        >>-Th
      • Gadrin
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@s...> wrote:
          > I take it you refer to the grep command. Note that this is
          intended to
          > print out any references to fhook-xml -- which is what you're
          looking for.

          > -Th

          Yes, I have another editor that has a GREP utility (does more or
          less the same thing as ME) that I'm a bit more used to. ME has
          problems with filenames with spaces in them from the GREP output. (I
          have instructions to fix that, but haven't gotten to it yet).

          The file has no XML Declaration/Processing Instruction. However it
          does have the string "<HTML/>" in it. On the first line is the
          filename of XMLStarlet.txt.

          I think what I'll do is just place a !return in the .emf files and
          have it so that I call hkxml.emf explicitly when I need it.
          While I do work with XML files periodically, it's mostly done via
          the XMLDOM or using ME's keyboard macro to make a "quickie" data
          file for testing.

          I do much more work with .txt files and need the ability to format
          them more than the occaisional XML editing session.

          I'll also have to make a Winbatch syntax coloring file too. The XML
          highlighting scheme is _horrible_.