[jasspa] Re: Syntax-hilighting for Info-Browsing and Me-Help-files

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 1999
      With the new file hook definitions in place then you can now
      do the hilighting of the .info files. Replacement of
      fhook-info (in Detlefs' new info.emf) to something like:-

      0 define-macro fhook-info
      ; Force hilighting on the buffer
      !if &band .hilight.flags 0x02
      set-variable $buffer-hilight .hilight.info

      enables the hilighting. The .emf files still seem to
      retain their correct hilighting assignment.

      Detlef Groth wrote:

      > At 00:37 16.12.99 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Thanks Detlef,
      > >
      > > Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
      > > I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
      > > space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
      > > I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
      > > definitions are as follows:-
      > >
      > >;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
      > >add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
      > >Info-files
      > >;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
      > >;but starting with the text "This is info file..
      > >-2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info
      >
      > As you can see in the file:
      >
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
      >
      > I deleted all this file-hook stuff (also from the me.emf) because I observed some strange behaviour with the extra space after the dir:
      >
      > add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ; does not work poperly for info-files
      > ; and
      > add-file-hook ".info dir " fhook-info ; removed hilighting from emf-files !!?? The space ;... Oh ME...
      >
      > ; the info.emf you can pick up see above, works great with the info command and let the ; emf.files hiligted
      >
      > > Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
      > > we have a bit of a problem with the html files
      > > in the faq - I need to investigate this one.
      > >
      > >Regards
      > >Jon
      >
      > In the next few weeks I will still made some small modifications at the chm-file and on the JAVA-applet (see below) to complete the INDEX and to organize the CONTENTS. However already now it is a very good tool for working and investigating ME99. Has anyone tested the java-applet with Netscape (Win or UNIX) or Opera (win the SUN-applet)? The applet-version can beeseen also online, try it out:
      >
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
      >
      > >Detlef Groth wrote:
      > >>
      > <snip>
      >
      > >> The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
      > >>
      > >> By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm
      > >>
      > >> a java-applet-based version at:
      > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
      > >>
      > >> these applets for downloading:
      > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip
      > >>
      > >> Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.
      > >>
      > >> Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm
      > >>
      > >> Any errors, suggestions mail to me
      >
      > <snip>

      > Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=jasspa&m=1

      Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

      SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd