Re: [jasspa] Re: Getting Buffer Information

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2005
      You mean like

      set-variable #l9 &cat #l1 &cat #l2 &cat #l3 &cat #l4 #l5

      or

      ml-write &cat "range is " &cat #l7 &cat " to " &cat #l8 &cat " len
      " #l6

      Yes, it gets a little hard to read vs. other languages that use, say, a
      '+', but it's not THAT hard...?

      -Th

      > the other issue is concatenating a bunch of variables together which
      > either is done in one confusingly long line or many, many set-
      > variable statements.
      >
      > perhaps I can write a function to concatenate a "list" of vars or
      > something. I'll have to see.
    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2005
        I code alot in Winbatch which uses

        x = "World "
        ile = "I like EMACs."
        strcat("Hello ", x, ile)

        but I did come across sprintf, which is almost as good.

        I suppose I could build my own Strcat @1 @2 @3 ... @n

        boy, I'm very happy with the JASSPA incarnation.

        the find-file/file browser alone is a great feature.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2005
          Gadrin wrote:
          > I code alot in Winbatch which uses
          >
          > x = "World "
          > ile = "I like EMACs."
          > strcat("Hello ", x, ile)
          >
          > but I did come across sprintf, which is almost as good.
          >
          > I suppose I could build my own Strcat @1 @2 @3 ... @n

          Problem with your suggestion is that you need to know when the argument list ends, this
          would mean that you need a terminator of some description or an argument count. &spr like
          you suggest is probably best.