Recursive GREP

  • Gadrin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005
      any experts out there with the unix utilities recommended on the
      JASSPA site? (sourceforge.net)

      I downloaded and installed GREP and it works with MicroEMACS however I
      can't get the -r or --directory=recursive to function.

      I finds the files in the top level folder, but doesn't retrieve
      matches in the subfolders (and yes I double-checked to make sure ;) )

      This brings back all the matches in the c:\test folder

      grep -i -n -r -U -w "message" c:\test\*.wbt
    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
        all right, good night's sleep and found it 1st attempt today.

        grep -i -n -r -U -w "message" *.wbt c:\test