Re: [jasspa] Keyboard Command

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
      I assume you are using f-isearch (C-S aka ^S). You can edit this field
      using ^P/^N for up and down (to previous search strings) which will put
      the default value into the field, and, if you have a string there, ^A to
      the beginning of it and ^K to erase it. So: ^S (enter isearch), ^P
      (puts in the default), ^A (BOL), ^K (erase it).

      -Th

      Gadrin wrote:
      > Frequently I search for text, then when the next search comes up ME
      > tries to be handy by providing [whateverItypedlast] for me to reuse.
      > Occaisionally I don't want to insert anything, and I don't want to use
      > their last choice, meaning I want to replace a pattern with a null
      > string or nothing. In most editors you just leave the replace field
      > blank. Obviously in ME hitting enter will use the [whateverItypedlast].
      >
      > I vaguely remember that there was a keyboard command in the old
      > MicroEMACS 3.8 that cancelled the "default" selection whenever you did
      > a Find or Find/Replace, so you could enter a null string or nothing.
      >
      > Anyone know ?
    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@s...> wrote:
        > I assume you are using f-isearch (C-S aka ^S). You can edit this
        field
        > using ^P/^N for up and down (to previous search strings) which will
        put
        > the default value into the field, and, if you have a string there,
        ^A to
        > the beginning of it and ^K to erase it. So: ^S (enter isearch), ^P
        > (puts in the default), ^A (BOL), ^K (erase it).
        >
        > -Th

        Yes! that works. Thanks much!