RE: [jasspa] Re: How do you ... ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5 11:53 PM
      Gadrin

      > Do you know how to keep the Tools from splitting the screen when run
      > and how they can run asynchronously from the ME app ? I'd like to be
      > able to call Explorer.exe with the buffer's current path, but not
      > screw up the display, etc, etc.

      With the current release the only ption you have is to use the
      ipipe-shell-command command, if you look at the docs for this command
      you will see that there are bits in the argument that can be used to
      hide the output buffer etc. This will do the job but you still end up
      with an extra command buffer, ME monitoring the spawned command etc.

      For the next release I have introduced a new user defined Tools
      interface for the file browser and for that I needed a similar
      capability to what I believe you are after. I modified the shell-command
      command to be able to spawn a process such as explorer with no waiting
      for its exit or gathering output etc. i.e.

      0x24 shell-command "explorer.exe"

      Would almost certainly do the trick. This is in the development version,
      available at:

      http://www.jasspa.com/development/

      But documentation for this is not yet available,

      Steve

      > Thanks again, Gadrin.

    • Gadrin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6 8:51 AM
        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@p...>
        wrote:
        > > Do you know how to keep the Tools from splitting the screen when
        run
        > > and how they can run asynchronously from the ME app ? I'd like
        to be
        > > able to call Explorer.exe with the buffer's current path, but not
        > > screw up the display, etc, etc.

        actually I discovered the secret just before bed late last night.

        the menu's are a bit counter-intuitive.

        anyway, USER SETUP, TOOLS, set the following...

        CAPTURE to Y
        HIDE to Y
        CONCURRENT to Y

        all the other Y/N options to N

        command line of: explorer.exe c:\program files\jasspa\microemacs

        and it works.

        the CAPTURE had me going, as I thought it was trying to CAPTURE the
        output of the command in a buffer.

        boy I'm impressed by this editor.