Re: [jasspa] How do I find out more about this Command ?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
      Gadrin wrote:
      > if you go to the JASSPA online help to the following page
      >
      > http://www.jasspa.com/me/m2nar010.html
      >
      > and search for: emf-quote-command
      >
      > you'll find the following entry...
      >
      > TIP:
      >
      > If you are in an MicroEmacs macro buffer (e.g. foo.emf) use the emf-
      > quote-command command (bound to A-q) to make this process trivial.
      > This converts the key binding into a command which is inserted into
      > the buffer.
      >
      > Is there any examples of how to use this command, or even find it
      > elsewhere.
      >
      > I didn't see it in the Glossary and I search the me.hlp file for it
      > with no luck.
      >
      > Thanks, Gadrin

      Basically it converts a key-binding into the emf string.

      As it says, if you are in a .emf file and do A-q it prompts you for a command, enter C-s and
      it will insert the string "isearch-forward". i.e. it has converted the key binding into a
      string.

      This is a macro defined in hkemf.emf

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
        Gadrin wrote:
        > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Jon Green <jon@j...> wrote:
        >
        >>Basically it converts a key-binding into the emf string.
        >>
        >>As it says, if you are in a .emf file and do A-q it prompts you
        >
        > for a command, enter C-s and
        >
        >>it will insert the string "isearch-forward". i.e. it has converted
        >
        > the key binding into a
        >
        >>string.
        >>
        >>This is a macro defined in hkemf.emf
        >>
        >>Jon.
        >

        > ah, I switched to the wrong buffer.
        >
        > I'm just returning to MicroEMACS after using DLawrence's 3.8 version
        > occaisionally. Boy has this thing been improved. I need the
        > capability to record multiple keyboard macros -- quickly -- and this
        > seems to have everything I need. gVIM while nice, was a headache.
        >
        > man, this command almost writes macros for you.
        >
        > wow! I'm really impressed by this product. I'm glad I passed on Zeus.
        >
        > thanks for you help Jon.
        >
        > Thanks, Gadrin
        >
        > PS -- how do I change my email display so every webspider in the
        > country doesn't target me for spam ?

        Uggggg!

        Looks like yahoo groups have changed their layout. You never used to see complete E-Mail
        addresses so they could never be harvested which is why we used yahoo groups. It looks like
        yahoo have changed this with their new layout. Some of the e-mail addresses are
        removed/corrupted others are not - I'm not sure when this changed, this is badness, big
        badness !

        I've deleted your messages from the server so your E-Mail address should be safe - probably
        explains why my spam reciepts have gone through the roof in the last month, I never thought
        to look here.

        Hmmm, might just need to close this lot down and move over to a self served MajorDomo
        service which can be self adminstrated and trusted.

        I will endevour to contact Yahoo - but I doubt that I'll get much success.

        Thanks for the tip off.
        Jon.
      • Gadrin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Jon Green <jon@j...> wrote:

          > I will endevour to contact Yahoo - but I doubt that I'll get much
          success.

          > Thanks for the tip off.
          > Jon.

          yeah, this is ugly and confusing as hell.

          I found a way, after navigating thru a maze of menus/options and so on.

          However it didn't seem to change the display on the ones I've already
          posted. Let's see if this one works.

          I'll be back with another newbie question.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
            Jon Green wrote:
            > Gadrin wrote:
            >>PS -- how do I change my email display so every webspider in the
            >>country doesn't target me for spam ?

            !!False Alarm!!

            You gave me a fright here - we did do our homework before we started to use Yahoo Groups and
            it appears things have not changed, nobody should be able to see your E-Mail address.
            Because I moderate the group I can see your addresses on the WWW but according to yahoo you
            cannot see mine (but you can if you receive my E-Mails). Their statement says:-

            "Whenever a page containing your email address is displayed to other members or made
            "public" to non-members, we mask your address to prevent mass harvesting. For example, if
            your email address is "joe@...," we display "joe@x..." However, in most cases, the
            owner and moderators of your group can see your email address (it will not be masked for
            them as they often need to see member addresses to manage the group)."

            So it appears what can be seen is very dependant on the viewer (sounds like a physics thing
            now) which means that on the WWW you should not be able to see my address, but you will see
            it if you receive my E-Mail (fair enough). It is true that the moderators need to see E-Mail
            addresses because as soon as somebody spams the group with junk then I have to ban them
            using thier e-mail address (which has only happened twice in 5 years).

            So I think your E-Mail address is safe when you post to the group.

            Which also means my spam source is from somewhere else.