[jasspa] Re: Syntax-hilighting for Info-Browsing and Me-Help-files

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 1999
      Thanks Detlef,

      Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
      I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
      space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
      I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
      definitions are as follows:-

      ;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
      add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
      Info-files
      ;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
      ;but starting with the text "This is info file..
      -2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info

      Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
      we have a bit of a problem with the html files
      in the faq - I need to investigate this one.

      Regards
      Jon

      Detlef Groth wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I implementend all the features from Steven and Jon, also the link
      > `* What is Bash?:: A short description of Bash.' is now properly working.
      > The best info-browser I have ever seen is ready.
      >
      > The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:
      >
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
      >
      > By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:
      >
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm
      >
      > a java-applet-based version at:
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
      >
      > these applets for downloading:
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip
      >
      > Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.
      >
      > Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:
      >
      > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm
      >
      > Any errors, suggestions mail to me
      >
      > best regards,
      > Detlef

      > The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
      > He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
      > Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=jasspa&m=1
    • Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 1999
        At 00:37 16.12.99 +0000, you wrote:
        >Thanks Detlef,
        >
        > Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
        > I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
        > space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
        > I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
        > definitions are as follows:-
        >
        >;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
        >add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
        >Info-files
        >;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
        >;but starting with the text "This is info file..
        >-2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info

        As you can see in the file:

        http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf

        I deleted all this file-hook stuff (also from the me.emf) because I observed some strange behaviour with the extra space after the dir:

        add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ; does not work poperly for info-files
        ; and
        add-file-hook ".info dir " fhook-info ; removed hilighting from emf-files !!?? The space ;... Oh ME...

        ; the info.emf you can pick up see above, works great with the info command and let the ; emf.files hiligted

        > Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
        > we have a bit of a problem with the html files
        > in the faq - I need to investigate this one.
        >
        >Regards
        >Jon

        In the next few weeks I will still made some small modifications at the chm-file and on the JAVA-applet (see below) to complete the INDEX and to organize the CONTENTS. However already now it is a very good tool for working and investigating ME99. Has anyone tested the java-applet with Netscape (Win or UNIX) or Opera (win the SUN-applet)? The applet-version can beeseen also online, try it out:

        http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm

        <snip>

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 1999
          With the new file hook definitions in place then you can now
          do the hilighting of the .info files. Replacement of
          fhook-info (in Detlefs' new info.emf) to something like:-

          0 define-macro fhook-info
          ; Force hilighting on the buffer
          !if &band .hilight.flags 0x02
          set-variable $buffer-hilight .hilight.info

          enables the hilighting. The .emf files still seem to
          retain their correct hilighting assignment.

          Detlef Groth wrote:

          > At 00:37 16.12.99 +0000, you wrote:
          > >Thanks Detlef,
          > >
          > > Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
          > > I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
          > > space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
          > > I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
          > > definitions are as follows:-
          > >
          > >;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
          > >add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
          > >Info-files
          > >;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
          > >;but starting with the text "This is info file..
          > >-2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info
          >
          > As you can see in the file:
          >
          > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
          >
          > I deleted all this file-hook stuff (also from the me.emf) because I observed some strange behaviour with the extra space after the dir:
          >
          > add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ; does not work poperly for info-files
          > ; and
          > add-file-hook ".info dir " fhook-info ; removed hilighting from emf-files !!?? The space ;... Oh ME...
          >
          > ; the info.emf you can pick up see above, works great with the info command and let the ; emf.files hiligted
          >
          > > Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
          > > we have a bit of a problem with the html files
          > > in the faq - I need to investigate this one.
          > >
          > >Regards
          > >Jon
          >
          > In the next few weeks I will still made some small modifications at the chm-file and on the JAVA-applet (see below) to complete the INDEX and to organize the CONTENTS. However already now it is a very good tool for working and investigating ME99. Has anyone tested the java-applet with Netscape (Win or UNIX) or Opera (win the SUN-applet)? The applet-version can beeseen also online, try it out:
          >
          > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
          >
          > >Detlef Groth wrote:
          > >>
          > <snip>
          >
          > >> The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:
          > >>
          > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
          > >>
          > >> By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:
          > >>
          > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm
          > >>
          > >> a java-applet-based version at:
          > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
          > >>
          > >> these applets for downloading:
          > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip
          > >>
          > >> Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.
          > >>
          > >> Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:
          > >>
          > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm
          > >>
          > >> Any errors, suggestions mail to me
          >
          > <snip>

          > Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
          > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=jasspa&m=1

          Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

          SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd