Re: [jasspa] Tabs
- smithno999 wrote:
> Right after the current version came out, I spent some time mapping theFirstly you need to make sure that real TABS are inserted.
> keyboard to my liking. There were a couple of annoyances that I have
> been meaning to tweak again. I spent a bunch of time over the weekend
> on my final tweaking of keymappings. I thought that I'd go from using
> ME from about 3/4 of time to 99%. Unfortunately the TAB key gets in the
> I've read the doc, tried several things without success, and figured it
> is time to ask. I don't mind the auto indent in most file types,
> especially the programming language. I always want the TAB key to
> insert a tab character. What are the magic settings to do this?
> I tried setting $buffer-indent. I tried global-bind-key TAB "normal-
> tab". I tried changing the tab setting in the General Tab of User
> Setup. I think I even tried multiple combinations of the three.
> I want to complement you all again on the wonderful job you have done
> making ME usable again!!
* Disable the global "TAB" mode.
* This turns TABS into SPACES from M-x user-setup.
* Note that this can be selectivelly enabled/disabled on a buffer basis so make sure it is
off in both places (see buffer-setup below).
Next diable the buffer indent (the auto-indentation)
* M-x buffer-setup (or Help->Buffer Setup)
* Disable "setup Auto Indent"
* You will need to do this for each buffer type where you want to over-ride the auto indent.
Once you have done this you can lay stuff out how you like.
The restyle-buffer etc. will not work because you are controlling the layout.